𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

~art credit: dyrtax @ twitter~

You didn't expect to wake up the next morning with an unfamiliar body pressing against you. Spamton had perfectly wrapped you in his warm embrace, cuddling you like the big spoon he was. It felt nice, so very nice. Having him hug you like that melted your heart. You were too comfortable to get up and get dressed for work. You could feel your eyelids getting heavier by the second.

"Wait a minute, Swatch will kick my ass if I skip work!" you realized.

You grunted as you gently unwrapped Spamton's hands from your body. When he felt you move, he tightened his grip on you, causing him to flutter his eyes open and tilt his head to the left, looking like a confused puppy.

*...wh-where are you going?

It broke your heart that you had to leave him like this. Especially when he looked at you with those pleading eyes. You leaned in a little closer to him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Work. Go back to sleep, Spammy." you whispered.

If it weren't for his drowsiness, he'd be redder than a tomato from that. You were surprised that you had the courage to do such a thing in the first place. Then again, you were drowsy as well and couldn't think straight.

Before you left for work, you made sure to leave him a little memo for when he woke up, something to look forward to.

"Meet me by that fancy cyber grill after work. My treat. Have a great day! - [Y/N]"

After a long and exhausting day at work, you weren't in the mood to cook. Dinner with Spamton sounded much better, and it made the butterflies in your stomach flutter all over the place. It was probably stupid, and you had no idea if he felt the same way, but you were determined to find out.

Oh, boy! When he finally awoke, he was in for a surprise. His heart refused to stop thumping. You, him, dinner. It sounded too good to be true. He made sure to keep your little note someplace safe so he could return to it later...

While you were cleaning tables at the café, all you could think about was him. Swatch must have noticed you daydreaming because he summoned you to his office at the end of your shift to discuss things.

* Is everything alright, dear?

* It's not like you to be so... absentminded.

What would you say to him? That you were head over heels for a man not even allowed in the café? Or that you were having dinner with him in approximately 30 minutes?

"I...uh... I'm fine, boss. Really, I'm more than fine!" you smiled at him.

He wasn't convinced, there was an are-you-shitting-me expression all over his crow-like face. He sighed deeply and folded his hands behind his back. You knew he was on boss mode when he did that.

* [Y/N]...ever since you started working for us, business has skyrocketed.

* I mean, can you blame them?

* Everyone enjoys having a hot latte served to them by a Lightner!

"Thank you, sir. I try my best!"

* I care for every single one of my Swatchlings. I want them to feel that they are respected and appreciated.

* Which is why I take the time to discuss whatever it is that's troubling them.

He gave you a genuine smile.

"U-uhm...I really appreciate your concern, sir. It's not something that...um... involves my experience working with you so far."