( 01 ) hwang jun-ho

N A R I

" You bitch!" Heaving, the small girl turns a corner and runs through crowds as she's chased. Should've just left them, she thinks, annoyed.

" Get back here, kid! That's my money!" The built man and his goons chase after her, but they aren't great at keeping up with her speed.

She rushes into an old, empty stall of the market and hides under the counter, hearing their heavy footsteps speed straight past.

She slowly gets back up the check that they're gone, and when she knows they're gone, she stands straight up and leaves the stall, reaching into her pocket to see how much she actually got.

Nari sighs when all she pulls out is a measly 10,000 won. All that trouble for this? She could buy food, but a motel room? She'd just have to make do.

Shoving the note back into the pocket of her jacket, she strolls to the exit of the market and shivers at the sudden gust of cold air.

She makes her way to a convenient store as it starts to get dark, and sighs in relief when she sees that it's still open.

She doesn't stay in the shop long, only picking out a ready made sandwich and a bottle of water.

She sits down at the small table outside with a sigh, realising how tired she was. She'd barely taken two bites of her sandwich before a shadow loomed over her as it began to rain.

She looked up mid-bite, and sighed in relief when it was only her brother, Jun-ho.

" What do you want?" Jun-ho sighs and puts down his umbrella before sitting in front of her. He was dressed nice, and he seemed to be in good spirits.

" Why are you still doing this? Mom wants you home." Nari rolled her eyes. He didn't have to go home, he moved out. So why should she?

" Because I don't want to. That a good enough answer for you?" Her voice was cut short and raspy, unlike the voice he remembered.

" Come to my apartment tonight. I won't tell mom." When she only looks at him skeptically, he sighs.

" I swear. I won't say anything." Nari sighs, knowing she had nowhere to go. She stands up, throwing her wrappers in the trash and gesturing for him to start walking.

He smiles, feeling accomplished, before they both start walking to his place.

||

Her brothers apartment always made her feel out of place. It was very modern, and nothing like the home she grew up in.

When Jun-ho bought the apartment, he purposefully bought a two bedroom so that he'd have one for his sister.

" Go shower, I'll make you some real food. There's clothes in your room." Nari only nods, walking into the bedroom and closing the door behind her.

As Jun-ho gets on cooking food, Nari relishes in the soft fabrics she finds in the dresser of 'her room'. She pulls out a plain pair of black leggings and a black hoodie, with underwear of course, before going to the bathroom and stepping into the warm shower.