( 12 ) the tile of fate

N  A  R  I

Me: you already uploaded 3 chapters today, no more
Also me: hahahahaha too excited here you go

Nari watched nervously as the second woman jumps to the second tile. It was now her decision. She mumbles to herself, trying to decide.

She jumps to the one diagonal from her, and falls to her death, screaming. Was anybody gonna make it through this game?

Nari shifted as her side began to ache, annoyed. This was the last thing she needed in this situation.

Number 3 ended up on the third tile, and he suddenly jumped forward three times before smashing the 4th one.

The other players slowly jumped onto the tiles, one after the other. The man at the front turns to the lady behind him, shaking. He asks her a question that Nari can't hear.

The other men start shouting either left or right, and the man only gets more nervous. He turns to the lady one more time, before jumping to the left. Wrong side.

Player 11 and 12 jump on, leaving the 4 at the back to come up with a plan.

" There are 10 tiles left, and 11 people still playing. If they manage to step on one or two each, the four of us can get across to the end." Gi-hun declares, panting.

" That might not be the case." Sangwoo replies.

" If one of those players gets scared and starts to run down the time, we are in danger at the back of the line." Gi-hun turns back to the timer, which reads 10 minutes.

Number 6 suddenly gets on his knees and starts praying, in the middle of the game.

" Get up. What are you doing? You're praying right now?" Number 7 panics.

He jumps on the same tile as 6, and Nari gapes as he pushes number 7 off, killing him.

Nari sees number 6 smirk, before jumping to the next tile. Psycho.

Number 8 then jumps and pushes number 6, into the next tile. 09 jumps, then the rest, and it's finally Nari's time to get on.

She glances at the 2 people behind her before hopping onto the first tile, then the next, then the next. The rest hop on behind her.

Number 407 jumps to the left, and ultimately gets his brains splattered on the floor. They all move forward one tile.

101 is now first. This can't end well. He stops, then turns around.

" Hey, everybody listen! Anyone wanna get across? Well, you better go first then!" Nari scoffs. Coward.

" What are you doing?" The man behind him cried.

" You deaf or what, asshole? I'm not going until you do." 101 growled.

" We don't have time for this, dickhead! Just pick a tile!" Nari shouted, annoyed. He glared at her.

212 pushed the man, killing him. Nari huffed. They were going too far.

" Fine. I'll go first." 212 grunted, jumping to the same tile.

She turned to him and interlocked her hands around his waist tight enough to cut off his circulation.

He begged her to let go, but she was determined.

" Deok-su. I need you to know, that you've got such a tiny dick." She spat.

Then, they both fell into the next tile, smashing it and falling to their death.

There was now only 5 of them left. The man in front of them all claimed to know the difference between the glass.

" I used to make glass for over 30 years." He said. Where had he been before?

He lept onto the one ahead of him, thankfully picking the right one. The four of them moved ahead.

The man kneeled down again. " Another hint, the sound. Tempered glass is made at a heat over 700 degrees. Pound on it with a hammer and it rings clearer than normal glass." He explained.

" Why wasn't all this brought up earlier?" Gi-hun asked.

" Why would I? The players up here tried to kill us at every chance." The man then jumped to his right, and once again, he was correct.

They all hopped forward one again. They were so close.

The lights were then shut off, and the man froze.

" I can't tell them apart in the dark." The man choked out, clearly frustrated. Nari glanced at the time. 1:15.

" I need to hear the sound. Does anyone have something I can throw?" Everyone checked their pockets. Nobody did, except Gi-hun, who held a single marble.

They passed it down to the man, and he threw it to the left, the glass clanging. He then said he needed something else, but nobody had anything.

They all felt defeated. Were they going to make it?

The man tried to check again, but he couldn't see anything. Sangwoo jumped onto the same tile as him, and they all moved forward.

Sangwoo said he'd pick, before suddenly pushing the man into the tile ahead of them, smashing it. Nari gaped like a fish out of water.

They then glanced at the time. They only had ten seconds left, so they raced to get off the bridge.

Nari jumped off after Sangwoo, making sure to steer clear of him. Just as Gi-hun made it onto the platform, the timer beeped, and all of the left over tiles blew up, shooting shards of glass everywhere.

Nari turned away and tried to cover her face, but she could feel it scratch at her skin. An unbearable pain suddenly appeared in her lower stomach, and she grunted, as the glass stopped.

She grunts again, trying to stand straight without making it obvious. She glances down the top of her jacket, and her eyes widen. Nari makes quick work of covering up with her hands.

Sae-byeok turns to her. She had a few scratches and cuts, but nothing major.

" Are you ok?" She asks. Nari tries to speak carefully as to not reveal she's in pain.

" Fine." She nods. She was lying.

||

fuck

I SWEAR THIS IS THE LAST ONE FOR TODAY