( 03 ) red light, green light

N A R I

The guards led the hundreds of players out of the door and into what looked like a huge hallway that looked like a unicorn had puked all over it.

Nari sighed as she walked up to the screen to get her photo taken.

" Please look at the camera." It instructed, and she did as told.

" Smile!" She did not smile.

The classical music continued to play as they walked up the seemingly never ending stairs. Nari's legs were tired by the time they reached their destination.

When they opened the doors, light bled through, and Nari held a hand over her eyes as they stepped out. They appeared to be outside, but a quick scan of your surroundings would reveal that they were in a giant box disguised as the outside.

They heard the sound of gates clanking, and turned to see that the doors had shut. Nari began to feel nervous.

Two players at the front were chatting, and Nari discreetly listened in.

" What's that? Over there." The blonde boy, player 324 asked.

" Looks really freaky." Player 250 snickered.

" Damn, that thing has a freaking huge head." It appeared to be a giant doll, with a orange dress, yellow shirt and brown pigtails.

" Here is the first game." The woman's voice was heard on the PA again.

" You will be playing red light, green light." Chatter spread amongst the players.

" The kids game?" Nari muttered, kicking up the sand with her shoes. She used to play it with her brothers when she was little. The doll whirred as it turned to face the tree behind it.

" You are allowed to move forward when 'it' shouts out, " green light", stop when 'it' shouts, 'red light." Nari shrugged. Seems simple enough.

" If your movement is detected afterward, you will be eliminated."

" Red light, green light?" 118 spoke up from beside her. He was speaking to 456.

" The thing we did as kids in the playground?" 456 didn't answer as the PA repeated the rules.

A timer for 5 minutes began at the far end, and the doll began to sing.

" Green light..." she sang for a few seconds, and everyone moved forward slowly. 324 went quickly.

" Red light." They all froze, but Nari watched as player 324 lost his balance and wobbled.

" Player 324. Eliminated." Nari winced. Sucks to be him.

She didn't think it was so funny though when a loud bang made her ears ring, and played 324 fell to the ground.

" That bang. Did you hear it?" 118 spoke again. Nari nodded. She was really nervous now.

The dolls head turned again.