( 05 ) you're back?

N  A  R  I

Nari was awake for the entire ride back, having covered her mouth and nose with her jacket when the gas went off.

She'd sneaked in a small bag of cigarettes and a lighter, hoping that would take her mind off of things in there. She skilfully pickpocketed the guard when they changed her clothes, and had them when they put her in bed.

The place seemed much warmer than last time. The atmosphere was calm and people were chatting. But, Nari just stayed in her bed. Nobody to chat to.

At least, that's what she thought.

" You're back." She looked up and saw 067 sat on her bed.

" Why do you sound so surprised?" Her voice was equally as low and quiet as hers.

" Because, you're a kid, this is dangerous." Nari shrugs.

" I like danger." 067 couldn't reply, as 101 and his goons interrupted them.

" I'll take you in again and look past everything." He said straight up, glancing at Nari. " You too."

Nari scoffed, straightening up.

" Are you actually serious?" 067 glanced at Nari before speaking.

" I mean, everybody out there is still looking for you." He chuckled.

" Stop with the act."

" Didn't you notice? Those jerks with masks came in and got rid of the beds of the people who died. Make one mistake out there, and yours is next." 067 doesn't seem phased.

" Worry about your own ass, okay? And we'll worry about ours." Nari looked up. Ours? Since when?

His men laughed, and 067 looked towards them.

" Don't join him. This guys a dumbass. He liked to pick all of his little minions' pockets just so he could fill up his own. He got bold enough one day to go after his head honcho's pockets, but now he's in here. Cause he was stupid and got caught. You know what people in my hometown would call you, huh? A damn revolutionary asshole." His men snickered.

" You little bitch..." 101 went for her, but she pulled out a small pocket knife. Smart.

" Excuse me." Someone butted in, and Nari looked up to see it was 212. The woman sent her a smile.

" Am I interrupting you? Sorry." She dragged out the 'y', and Nari chuckled.

" Wow. You're really good looking." She spoke to 101, and Nari snorted at the flat out lie. He glared at her before turning back.

" Come on, let me join you guys."

" Join what?"

" I'll be your teammate." She beamed.

" Tell me what you're good at." 101 demanded.

" Everything, except the things I can't do." She boasted, and Nari sighed. She's making a fool out of herself. She glanced at the two girls.

" And I'm certainly better than some skinny girls, one being a kid." Nari huffed and got up from her bunk, moving to stand next to 067, hands in her pockets.

" A lot better." The men only laughed at her.

" So, you're really that good?" 101 made a gross motion with his hands, and Nari almost gagged.

" How about it? Plenty of empty beds." 212 looked disgusted.

He whispered something in her ear, before winking and going to get food. Nari only rolled her eyes and followed 067 to the line.

She was handed a case, and went back to her bunk to eat. When she opened the lid, she saw some rice, a fried egg, and some steamed veggies. Better than she thought.

067 soon came back and they ate in a comfortable silence. Nari couldn't care less if they never spoke to each-other, she just liked the company.

||

Later that night, Nari was awoken by player 212 shouting about pissing on the floor, apparently.

With a sigh, she got up and walked to the door.

" I gotta go." She told the guard, and 212 gaped at her.

" So do I." Nari turned to see 067. The guard let them all through and when they got to the bathroom, Nari breathed a sigh of relief.

Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out her packet of cigarettes and her lighter before lighting one and putting it on her mouth. Breathing it out, she sighed happily.

She wasn't a huge smoker, but it often made her feel better. 212 glanced at her.

" Can I have one of yours? It's not worth it trying to get out mine." Nari grimaced, but held out the pack to her, and her lighter.

She saw 067 going into the vent, but wasn't all that curious.

" You have to come out." The guard started banging on the door, and Nari panicked.

She dropped her cigarette on the floor in one of the stalls and stepped on it, before rushing 067 out of the vent and improvising.

He stormed in and pushed 212's door open, seeing that she was 'using the toilet'. He quickly shut the door and opened the one next to it, seeing Nari with her head over the toilet and 067 rubbing her back as if she was vomiting.

He slammed that door shut too and waited for them to come out before they all went back to the bedroom.

When they got back, 212 started pestering 067 for answers. Nari knew she wouldn't say anything, so she didn't bother, just went to her bunk and went to sleep.

||

The next morning, 212 is still pestering 067, right by her bunk. She sits up with a sigh and rubs her eyes, listening in.

" Tell me what you saw."

" It's the morning now, you said you would." Nari crosses her legs as the two realise she's awake.

" Masked guys with pots, and they were melting a liquid down there." 067 tells her.

" What was it?" 212 asks. They start to bicker again, talking about sugar or something.

212 soon walks off, and 067 moves to sit on Nari's bunk with her, neither of them feeling all that hungry.

The classical music soon begins to play again, and everyone stops.

" Everyone, the second game is about to begin. Please follow the staffs instructions and swiftly make your way towards the game hall." Nari shares a wary look with 067, before standing up and making her way to the door.

Here goes nothing.

||

nari fanclub🙋‍♀️