( 09 ) open wounds

N  A  R  I

I told ya'll it'd be up in the morning 😉

The three steps forward scared the hell out of Nari, but it seemed to work, as the other team fell over. But, Gi-hun ended up slipping also.

They all pulled him back quickly, and the opposite team was trying desperately to save themselves. But, they eventually fell. The rope didn't cut straight away though, and the team were left screaming as they held up 10 people on the dangling rope.

It finally dropped, and they all fell back, on the verge of passing out from how hot and out of breath they were.

Nari pants heavily, her side beginning to hurt as she came back to her senses.

On the elevator down, Nari was so out of breath that she felt nauseous. So, she sat against the wall until they reached the bottom.

She blocked out any other sounds and just focused on her own breathing, and trying not to focus on the pain in her side, and the blood soaking her t shirt.

Finally, they reached the bottom, and all of them stepped out of the elevator. Nari was now limping as she tried to limit movement on her hip.

||

" You know what? I really thought we were going to die out there." Nari blocked out 212's annoying rambling. She felt hot and nauseous. Her corn was sat beside her, untouched.

" Hey, you got a visa? I bet you don't. You're an illegal alien." Nari perked up at the words. She wasn't gonna take that.

" Hey, toilet girl." She deadpanned. " Can you shut up for two seconds? There's no need to be a racist asshole just because he told the truth, seriously." She rolled her eyes and looked away.

||

She hasn't even noticed that they'd built a barricade, as she was so out of it, but she was now sat with the group as they discussed a plan.

The lights soon went out, and Nari was too nervous to sleep. She felt so ill that she was worried something might happen in her sleep.

So, she stayed up all night, and was startled when alarms blared in the morning. The rest of the group awoke, and they were guided to the Center of the room.

They patted them down, and then left. Nari hadn't even noticed she was swaying until Sae-byeok's hand held her back to stop her.

" You aren't ok, so don't say you are." Was the first words she said, and Nari sighed.

" You're as white as a sheet, you're sweating and," she touched her forehead with the back of her hand. " You've got a fever."

" Theres nothing we can do about it." She shrugged, and Sae-byeok exhaled before guiding her over to sit down.

Not long after, they were once again being led through the corridors for the 4th game, but what was in the corridors was a scary sight.

Three guards and a player hung by their neck from the ceiling, dead bodies splattered with blood. They stopped to stare before moving to the game hall, and Nari was moving at a snails pace at this point, Sae-byeok kept having to nudge her along.

When they arrived at the game hall, Nari was relived, as she could stop for a bit.

" Players, welcome to the fourth game. For this game, you will be playing in teams of two. Please look around and find someone you wish to play with. When two people agree to play together, shake hands to show you have become partners." Now, Nari was stumped. Everyone in her team was already paired, and Sae-Byeok is with the other girl.

She thought she was gonna have to be dumped until she spotted a girl she hadn't seen before, alone. She didn't look much older than her, so she walked over.

" Wanna play together?" The girl looked up. Her red dyed hair and brown eyes stood out, and she looked confused.

" Me?"

" Yes you."

" Sure." She shrugged, standing up and shaking hands before turning to see 212 begging for a partner. They strolled over to her team, sitting down next to Sae-Byeok.

" Stop embarrassing yourself." Sae-byeok spoke up, annoyed with 212's antics.

" No one will want to play with you like this." Nari turned to the redhead girl, nudging her knee with hers.

" Can I know your name?" The girl looked towards her with a warm smile.

" I'm Jennie." Nari nodded. Pretty.

" Well, Jennie, I'm Nari." They turned back to the situation at hand.

||

Walking into the game area, they are greeted with lots of guards in a neighbourhood looking area.

Nari and Jennie stand together.

" Attention, all players, please follow a guard to your designated positions for the game." A guard stops in front of the two girls, guiding them to their area.

He guides them to an area by a staircase, and they sit down beside each other as he stands. Sae-byeok isn't far.

The guard hands them a small bag each, and Nari opens it to reveal 10 marbles.

" I never played with these." Nari mutters, pouring them on her hand.

" Neither did I." Jennie speaks up, putting hers back in the bag.

" In this game, using your set of ten marbles, you will play the game of your choice with your partner. The player who manages to take all ten marbles from their partner wins." Nari's smile falls. One of them is going to die. They seem to think the same thing as they turn to each other.

||

this episode ruined me