26. surprise surprise

POV : HARRY

" Harry " louis asks, from the couch.

" yeah? " 

" what was your nightmare about ? I mean it was kind of random wasn't it ? " he asks, thinking. 

" I....nothing, it doesn't matter anymore " I say quickly, I don't want to worry him about the picture. 

" but I'm just wondering, like everything was pretty good, why'd you randomly have a nightmare about us? " he presses. 

" louis, I don't know okay? now can we stop talking about this? " I brush it off and he looks at me confused. 

" alright whatever " he says and just then his phone rings. He picks it up. I wait for him to finish talking. 

" harry, simon's getting the band back together " he says, after cutting the call. 

" What " I ask, shocked. I knew he would do something, but I thought the band was done. 

" Yeah, Liam just called, he's arranging a dinner for all five of us " he said. 

" five? as in with Simon? " I ask. 

" No, Zayn. " he answers. 

" oh wow " I answer. 

" this is going to be fucking annoying " louis says, sighing. 

" I mean, it's been a while since all five of us have sat down together even " I say. 

" exactly, it's going to be so awkward. Why Zayn? He didn't even wanna be in the band in the first place " he argues. 

" you know that's not true " I look at him. 

" we all know what he said. " lou says and rolls his eyes and his phone rings again, disrupting our conversation. This time he hesitates and looks at me. 

" it's simon " he whispers. 

" put it on speaker " I whisper back and he takes the call, puts in on speaker and places the phone between us. 

" Louis " Simon says and I cringe at his voice. 

" Simon, to what do I owe the pleasure " louis says, his tone laced in sarcasm. 

" I saw the photos " Simon replies.

" what photos " louis asks. 

" You and harry, going grocery shopping. I thought I told you to stay out of his life " Simon says, like he's stating the obvious. 

" You did " louis agrees. 

" Listen louis, Harry is one of the most successful artists in the world, he's selling out stadiums. He's making it big and I suggest you don't ruin this for him. I'm surprised even, that you still make music. Just leave harry alone, I know your jealous but do this for him. " Simon lectures him and I clench my jaw. 

" No Simon, you listen. I will decide who I want to love. If louis ruins anything it's because I want him to. Stop treating louis like this, he's a human and it's honestly disgusting to see you talk to him like this. So I suggest you shut the fuck up and take your shallow mindedness where it came from and leave us alone " I say to Simon.

" Harry " he says, surprised. 

" The contract is on for four more weeks, so you know what that means. Everything is still under my control. So, stop your little game, if I see anymore pictures of you and louis, we'll send you on a date, just not together " Simon says again and I almost see his smile. 

" oh fuck off " I say and cut the call. 

" god I hate my life " I sigh. 

" Harry " lou says and I nod. 

" thank you " he says. 

" for what " I ask. 

" for defending me " he says and gives me a sad smile. 

" Louis, he has no right to tell you that shit, I'm just doing what I should have done a long time ago and you don't need to thank me " I say, holding his hand. 

" What are we gonna do now? " he asks. 

" I don't know, but we're gonna do it together " I smile. 

" yeah, together " he agrees.