𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

WILL ENDED UP DRAGGING A SLEEPING BAG INTO ADDIE'S ROOM. He said it was to make sure she didn't have any nightmares, and he'd wake her up if she did start to have one. Addie could tell it was also because he was now worried about having one, but she didn't say anything.

And she regretted how open and honest she was about her nightmares. Maybe she should've lied and said only once or twice, or not been as detailed with what happens in them. But they woke up the next morning, both happy to report only good dreams. Although Addie couldn't quite remember what hers was about, just that it involved something about bread.

Addie also thought about Billy. He didn't know about anything that she'd gone through. She wanted to, but didn't know how to tell him without scaring him away. And since it was all over with, part of her didn't see a point in scaring him with everything.

She wondered if the boys had told Max anything, and if so, how much. After making a mental note to ask Will about it later, but not right now when they'd just woken up, they headed into the kitchen for breakfast.

Bob came over just as they were finishing up their cereal, and said he had a surprise for each of the Byers' children.

Jonathan got some sort of special camera bag, and it must've been some bag because he immediately grabbed his camera from the old one it was in and put it in the new one. Bob said he found it in a window as he was walking by a vintage shop.

Will got a new game for the computer that he was really excited to try out. As soon as Bob said the title, he immediately knew what it was because he'd heard some kids at school talking about it, and within a minute he already decided to take it to Mike's for their sleepover.

Addie was given hers last. She definitely thought her gift was the coolest, but she might've been a little biased. Bob had gotten her a small stack of comic books, saying she needed to be introduced to more. He'd even chosen one with a lady called Black Widow on the front, and Addie could tell just from quickly flipping through that she'd love her.

After everyone had received their gifts, Jonathan left to go take some photos, Will headed to the computer to try out his new game, and Addie and Bob sat on the couch and spent an hour taking a look at the ones he'd gotten for her. Joyce's heart felt like it could burst from happiness again. After Lonnie, she had doubts that she'd be this happy again. Bob was perfect, and he was perfect with her kids too, which was the most important thing to her.

Once they'd eaten lunch, Addie went to her room and picked up a book, wanting to get back into reading. Just after 4pm, the phone rang.

"Addie pick up the phone, it's for you!" Her mom shouted from down the hall. She'd gotten Addie a phone that was connected to their house phone after she'd begged for one last Christmas.

"Hello?"

"Hey sweetheart."

Addie grinned, delighted to hear Billy's voice. "I was hoping you'd call."