𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

a/n: I know the beginning scene technically takes place as Steve is with Dustin but pretend that happened the day before.
~

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

CHAPTER THIRTY

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

IT FELT LIKE HOURS HAD GONE BY. In reality, it hadn't been nearly that long. The pain in Addie's head hasn't gone away, only increasing over time.

Addie and Will are moved onto separate gurney's, laid next to each other as a team of doctors and nurses that work for Hawkins Lab swarm in to take care of them.

"Vitals?"

"Heart rate two-twenty. Temperature's one-oh-six."

"How are they both the exact same?"

"Adeline? William? I need you both to tell me where it hurts so we can help you guys okay?"

"Everywhere!" Will screams out. Addie only cries out in pain. Joyce, Bob, and Mike take a step back, only able to watch in horror.

They're both finally given sedatives and something else in an attempt to ease the pain. Addie's screams stop first, Will falling silent a few seconds later.

The next morning, Addie and Will lay in hospital-like beds. Both still unconscious. Joyce was pulled away from her kids to meet with the team of doctors to try and figure out what's going on.

"Man, I always thought stuff like this happened in movies and comic books. Certainly not in Hawkins, and certainly not to someone like you."

"Or you," Joyce points out.

"Yeah, well, Bob Newby, superhero."

Things take another turn for the worse when Will wakes up, and doesn't know who Bob is. Addie remains unconscious. No one really knows why, in fact the sedative wore off long ago and she should be awake by now too.

"Addie!" All heads snap up and look at the door as an extremely out of breath Steve Harrington bursts through. A few seconds later, a security guard runs in after him, complaining about why on earth can a kid his age run that fast.

Joyce had called him briefly to let him know that something happened to Addie and that they were being held at Hawkins Lab. She meant it as more of a way to let him know, so that he knew why he might not be hearing from her in the immediate future. But she should've known that Steve would drop everything and find a way to essentially break in to the room.

"What happened to them?" Steve makes his way to Addie's bed and pulls up a chair, sitting right beside her.

"Young man how did you get in here?" Dr. Owens looks at Steve, skeptical.

"I parked my car, you know, in the parking lot which is where you park cars. Walked in and told that guy," he motioned to the security guard, "that I needed to see my friend. He said no, so I ran. I should've looked at a map though because I went in the complete opposite direction of this room at first."