𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

a/n: thank you so much for over 700 reads! please vote 💜
~

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

CHAPTER NINETEEN

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

     ADDIE WAS THANKFUL THAT HOPPER WAS THERE. She hated getting her blood drawn, and didn't understand why they needed to do it every single time.

"Adeline! Sorry, Addie. I know you prefer that," Dr. Owens greeted her as soon as he entered the room.

"It's okay, Addie or Adeline is fine," she shifted on the hard bed they always had her lay on. They made small talk for a few minutes, and Addie appreciated that Dr. Owens always tried to ease into things instead of just getting right to it.

"So, why don't you tell me about any episodes you might've had since I last saw you."

Addie looked down and bit her lip, afraid they'd think she was crazy if she told them about that night at the arcade.

"It's okay Addie," Hopper tried to reassure her.

"Well, when I was at the arcade, I had gone to drop off Will, there was a minute where everyone was... gone. It was snowing, that was my first clue that something was wrong. I turned to look at the arcade to see if I could spot Will, but the building was empty too. And... and I was back, there."

"The Upside Down?" Dr. Owens clarified, and Addie could only give a small nod in response.

"What happened after that?"

"Umm, well I started to panic. I closed my eyes and tried to tell myself that it wasn't real. That I couldn't actually be back there because it had been so long and I thought I was doing better. It started to get worse but then a friend came up to me, I guess got me out of it."

"How did it feel, when you were back there?"

"I was terrified. But it's like I was... frozen. I couldn't do anything all I could do was look around. I didn't run, or try to call out to anyone. I was too scared."

"You didn't see anyone else there?"

Addie looked down, having already tried to forget this part. "It felt like something evil was there. But my friend snapped me out of it before I could see anything. I'm sorry, that's all I saw. I just, I looked around and thought I was going to die. And I— I froze. I should've run or looked around more and maybe I would've seen something and I—"

"Alright doc, I think that's enough about the Upside Down for today, hmm?" Hopper stepped in, hearing Addie's tone and seeing her fiddle with the blue hair tie on her wrist, the same one that he'd given her all those years ago.

(a/n: when i saw someone point out that el had the blue hair tie that hopper's daughter used to wear, i was like 🥺🥺🥺🥺 & i know his daughter wore pigtails so i thought because he sees addie as like a daughter too, he gave her the other one 🤧🤧🤧🤧)