𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

a/n: sorry if the upcoming chapters will be a little plot heavy, i'm doing my best though to also make it more original. of course adding in my own scenes to replace the ones addie wouldn't have been in anyway. ALSO THANK YOU GUYS FOR OVER 550 reads!

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

"LUCAS, YOU COPY? I'VE GOT 4 QUARTERS. WHAT'S YOUR HAUL?"

"Take your puny haul and multiply it by five."

"How??"

"While you were scrounging around like a homeless bum, I mowed Old Man Humphrey's lawn."

"Old Man Humphrey's got that kinda cash?"

"Just call Mike already."

"You call Mike."

Addie laughs, grabbing the walkie talkie from Will, who at this point was just listening in to Dustin and Lucas' conversation.

"I'll call Mike if you guys will stop bickering like little kids."

"Hi Addie! Sorry Dustin, I have to go take a shower from doing real work, like a man. Over and out."

"Mike, do you copy? Mike, do you copy?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I copy."

"What the hell are you doing on this channel? Well Lucas and I have six bucks total. What's your haul?"

"Shit! I don't know yet. Hold on. Just call Will."

"We're already here!" Addie talks again, finding it pretty amusing how this is all about how much money they'll have to spend at the arcade.

"Oh hi Addie! Okay well I'll figure it out and meet you guys there bye!"

Addie grabbed her keys and Will races her out the door into the car. They were both eager to get to the arcade, but for different reasons. Addie had called Billy earlier to see if he was free, and he had responded with "now I am. What'd you have in mind?" She told him about taking Will to the arcade and he said he'd ask Max if she wanted to go, that way his dad couldn't get upset that he left Max home by herself.

"Alright remember what mom said," Addie turned to face Will as she put the car in park.

"I know, I know," he sighed.

"Home by nine on the dot," they both said at the same time.

"Also," Addie tried to remember their moms exact words. "I'm supposed to say if you want to go home, if anything happens, just let me know and we'll go right home."

"Is she always gonna be like this?"

"Given what happened to us, to you, honestly it's a miracle she even lets me take you anywhere. I know this summer was different, she seemed a little more easy going, but... I don't know. Just be outside by 8:45 so we can get home okay? I think if we keep following her curfew, eventually we'll be able to extend it and I can ask her about 9:30 down the road."

"Okay I gotta go they're waiting for me."

Addie waved him off and got out of the car at the same time, having seen Billy turn into the parking lot. She was surprised when Will came around to her side and gave her a hug.