𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

a/n: next few chapters might be plot heavy but I have lots planned for Billy and Addie!

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

JONATHAN WAS ACTING WEIRD ON FRIDAY MORNING. Last night he'd come home pretty late, and Addie was the only one up. They sat and talked for over an hour, he wanted to make sure his sister was okay. She told him some of what happened, and he felt guilty for not being there for her more. But when Addie asked where he was and what he did, he told her everything but who he was with.

And now, he said after school he was going to go spend the night at a friends house. Addie knew he didn't do sleepovers, so something was going on. Luckily for Jonathan, their mom and Will were still asleep, and he knew Addie would never tell their mom that she thought he was lying.

Before he walked out of the house, he turned to Addie. "100% honest right now. Are you okay? If you need me to stay home I can reschedule my—"

"Sleepover with this mysterious stranger friend?" Addie raised her eyebrows. "I'll be okay. Promise." After he left, she went back into her room and ended up falling asleep again for a couple more hours. When she went back into the kitchen, Will was just getting up too.

"Hey how you doing sleepyheads? Your brothers going to be at a friends house tonight, he left a note, so it's just us three today," An awfully cheerful Joyce greeted them.

"What about school?" Addie looked at Will and noticed he was already dressed to go. She hadn't even thought about it.

"Sick day. I called Steve last night and said I was keeping you both home today so he didn't need to come pick you guys up. And in a bit I'll phone the school. Now how are you both feeling?"

"I'm... I don't really feel that great, but I think I'm okay."

"Yeah me too," Will agreed with his sister.

Joyce grabbed the thermometer, instructing them to sit down at the table so she could take their temperatures. She was alarmed at the results.

"What... are we sick?"

"I..." Joyce tried to find a way to explain.

"Is it a fever?" Will asked.

"For Addie, yes. A very high one. After this you go take some medicine and sit on the couch or go lay in bed okay. And you, Will, it's... it's the opposite. You're cold. Do you feel cold?"

"No just out of it a little."

"And, do you feel warm?" She looked at Addie.

"No. A headache and a little achy all over but I didn't even know I had a fever."

Joyce glanced at the phone, wondering what the hell was taking Hopper so long to call her back. Both Addie and Will watched their mom, and got the wrong idea when they saw how she repeatedly looked at the phone.