narrative writing

write a story which begins with a bitter disappointment

Disappointed, disappointed and disappointed; that's all I have got this entire month. At this moment in time after failures one after another I might as well believe that the whole purpose of my existence has extended towards nothing but swallowing helluva disappointments. Fashion shows consume heaps of my energy and time, making it an utter disillusion for me when they are cancelled.

At the start of this week my Paris show had been postponed all of a sudden without any advanced notice. I was apprised only after I had landed in the fashion capital. It was a staggering news to me and I couldn't quite believe they would so easily turn down the one show I had planned all these years for.

As a model my world revolves around traveling the world and constantly getting in and out of plethora of luxury brands. I have faced rejection at the start of my career but now that I have reached the peak I'm usually in demand in all of the sophisticated fashion industry. Facing rejections when it comes to my career hasn't been my cup of tea lately, making all this harder to put up with.

Therefore, when my manager called me this morning to inform me of a different brand deal, I agreed without hesitation. I am currently sitting on a leather chair getting my makeup done from a world known make-up artist but the only thoughts running in my mind are of the fear of my next disappointment.

It is often said that one must trust their gut feelings as they always end up being right. All my self assurance in the makeup room were in vain when my heel broke off my shoe as I stepped towards the front of the ramp. In my head I cursed this month, the heel and everything else I could think of. However, my face remained neutral and I recomposed myself within seconds. Regardless of the situation, I strutted the runaway barefoot and put on my best performance. I felt something deep in my heart, not disappointment but pure bliss. Apparently, I found out later on that this was the result of a backstage wardrobe malfunction causing all this mess to happen. I didn't complain or show any anger because I was in a state of euphoria by the end of the show, for there was elatedness wrapped inside a layer of disappointment.