narrative

It's all in the mind

It is said that earth is an infinitesimal fraction of the universe. There are suppose to be more number of stars than the zillion number of grains of sands on every beach in the world. Due to the nature of the universe we may never even now how cosmic it is. All we are is a tiny speck in the whole of this universe. I believe our mind has just as much importance as our body does when it comes to our existence.
Our mind's values are at the heart of everything we do. Every emotion is a state of mind. The mind works as the powerhouse of our existence. This is my outlook on life and as I walked through the empty corridor of my university I pondered over it.

I was distracted out of my thoughts by muffling voices of two girls but I couldn't make out any words. As I stepped closer I immediately recognised my friend Julia's voice. Her twin sister Bianca stood beside her, both of them taking in my sudden appearance. "You are here at just the right time Mia, I really need your help" said Julia. I wondered what Julia would want from me. She went on speaking and filled me on the current situation. Apparently, Bianca had been offered a job at one of the best book websites. She was required to write a chapter of the book every week for a fair wage. I do not understand what the problem was, it was a glad tiding and we should be celebrating. "Bianca doesn't trust herself to write good enough for the website's standard and she is going to turn down this opportunity". This is where my speech comes handy, I thought to myself.

I looked at Bianca and said "it's all in the mind. It's the mind that you need to make up and seize every bit of benefit out of this great opportunity". She looked at me like I had turned into a blue alien. "Hear me out, I will try to put it in better words. Whatever you hold in your mind tends to occur in your life. If you believe you can write a book, then you will" I proclaimed.

"What she is saying is that you need to stop holding yourself back, stop thinking that you are not capable enough to write for millions of people to read, because your words deserve to be heard", added Julia.

I carried on saying "You need to switch your mindset. The right mindset will help you see yourself for who you are. It will allow you to take the maximum out of this chance you have got"

Finally Bianca let out a breath that she was probably holding while we spoke. She began saying "I get your point. I know it's time I put myself out there and let go off my old mindset that's not letting me be the version of me that I'm meant to be. It's not as easy as said but I am going to get there. Thank you for pushing me, I would have stayed stuck here if it weren't for you two"

We smiled then, relieved that she understood what we intended to convey to her. Perhaps, in the end everything is about walking the path of life with the right mindset.