narrative

WRITE A STORY WHICH ENDS WITH SOME SORT OF CONFESSION

Olivia's world came crumbling down when her little sister, Lilly was diagnosed with glioblastoma. Staggering as it was she still had to keep herself together. She was willing to do anything to save the one person who meant the most to her, even if it meant she had to give up all her possessions and dreams. After their parents and brother died in a tragic car accident, she couldn't afford to let the last member of her family slip through her fingers.

Accepting help has never been a cinch for Olivia. She had already sold her house and car to provide Lilly with the best treatment out there. She was aware of how deadly and incurable this cancer can be, however, she was intended on keeping her baby sister alive for as long as possible. With every surgery and chemotherapy she hoped it would somehow wipe out the cancer from her brain but that never happened. She was mad at God for making her walk through this hell, yet she prayed to Him desperately begging for a miracle. She simply found it impossible to believe how fatal Lilly's condition was.

Olivia was beyond elated when the doctors informed her of Lilly's improving condition. If the treatment was working that meant they could prolong the misery. Lilly's love for beaches was insane, which is why Olivia took it upon herself to drive her to a different one every other day but it was totally dependant on the situation and what the doctors had to say.

The unexpected words that shocked her more than ever were what slipped out of her uncle's mouth one day. He had confessed about the real reason behind her parents' death. He begin to tell her that her brother James had gone to the hospital all by himself and had been diagnosed with cancer. The same night he had suddenly passed away. When her parents got the call they couldn't comprehend it all. They were utterly confused and broken. They rushed to the hospital, driving as fast as they could which is why their car ended up going out of control and hitting a truck.This whole incident caused them to lose not one but three of their family members.

Olivia couldn't believe she had been kept in the dark all this time. Perhaps if she knew about this earlier she would have thought of getting Lilly checked up sooner. There was nothing she could change now since everything had gone out of control. Somewhere she was also glad that she wasn't informed of her dear brother's condition and the truth behind the incident. Gradually, she had made up her mind to give Lilly the best last days if her journey was to end here.