narrative

Relate a story about a person  who is fed up of being in domestic restrictions

Savanah impatiently sat by her window, clicking a pen as she waited for the zoom meeting to end. It was the last session for the day and this thought alone made her sigh out of relief. Her eyes were strained, whereas her backbone felt crooked after sitting in a slouched position Infront of her desk all day long. Was sitting Infront of the screen for five hours straight worth it? She didn't know the answer to that but she was adamant that before her IGCSE's approached she would have aged atleast a hundred years more.

Her door knob turned and twisted, just then the door swung open making a creaking noise. Her dear mother appeared right Infront of her, probably making sure she wasn't slacking off with her online school. Her mother mentioned the word lockdown and began to speak of the nightmare. Savanah felt herself dozing off, partly out of boredom and partly due to the terror of the situation. Who knows which one of her bad deeds pulled her into this hell, why couldn't she spend the last year of school with her friends making heaps of memories? The universe always seems to have different plans.

Over the months, her room had become her prison and she felt herself going insane with each passing day. They say these are the best years of your life, then why does this exasperating virus have to interfere? Maybe it was bad luck or maybe a preparation for the unknown future but it still felt terribly inequitable.