descriptive

Describe the scene at a busy medical center

My heart was pounding and my mind ready to explode. My panicking state and loss of voice had taken all control away from me in that very moment. I walk through the medical center with people buzzing around. The nurses in their green uniforms, the doctors in shades of blues and everybody else. All of them nothing but blur figures to me and my entire focus on my friend Tina.

When Tina had suddenly collapsed down overworking herself at the office we both joined this year, I found myself paralyzed for a brief moment. I knew I had to take quick actions so I rushed to call an ambulance. I felt helpless when I couldn't recall any emergency contacts in order to get help. My heart ached to see her lying unconscious next to a pool of her own blood. She had knocked her head on the edge of the table as she collapsed which lead to her bleeding an insane amount of blood. It was lucky for us to have another co-worker enter at the same time and get the help needed.

I blindly walked behind the stretcher that the hospital staff carried her away to the emergency room in. A million thoughts would have crossed my mind and every one of them was a what-if scenario. I could not stop the intrusive thoughts and the images of her lifeless body every time I blinked. Tina has been family to me and it's equally agonizing for me to see her in this position. I knew this project meant a lot to her and she was thrilled about it but now I wish I had stopped her from staying extra hours swamped with work.

One of the staff members had stopped me, asking me a bunch of questions which I took longer than I should to comprehend and respond. Thinking back to the the time of the incident had me gasping for air and my muffled voice coming out as barely a whisper. After quickly filling the form I sprinted through the crowds of people in the hallways to get to the scan room she had been taken to. However, when I got there, they informed me that she was shifted to the ward. After making enquiries from quiet a few people about the location, I finally found the general ward. The first thing I noticed was the bed surrounded by a group of nurses and a whiff of the antiseptic smell in the aroma. After checking I figured out that bed number sixteen was the same one that the nurses gathered around. She was given the aid required and had gained consciousness by the time I got by her side.