Guidance

A/N: Nick's mom! :D

Anne Foxx P.O.V.

"You ready, babe?" I sighed, nervously looking over at Nick. He seemed two times as nervous as I was as the two of us stood awkwardly in front of a doorbell.

"Don't worry; we've already talked to Dad of the thing. Sure, he threatened to tear your limbs if anything bad would happen to me but this couldn't be any worse, right?" I looked at him.

Nick inhaled a large breath, and puffing his chest out a bit, pushed the doorbell.

A sweet, elderly voice called out from inside, "I'm coming!"

The door was then opened to reveal a pale red vixen with slightly noticable wrinkles under her eyes and around her face; yet she still seemed relatively young.

When she saw Nick's face, she dropped the ceramic cup of coffee that she was holding and gasped with her paws covering her mouth. Tears brimmed at her eyelids and threatened to flow out as the elderly vixen trembled.

"I'm not ready for this..." Nick nervously muttered into my ear. I shook my head and reassuringly placed my paw on his shoulder.

"Don't say that," I said. "You can and will do this." I grabbed his tie and pulled him in for a kiss on the cheek.

That seemed to boost his confidence as Nick approached the lady, who had her trembling paws reaching for his face.

Nick let out a small sigh of relief as he leaned into the tender touch of her paw.

He looked up into her eyes and gave her a warm smile.

"Hello, Mom."

A while later...

"...And that was how Judy and I saved predators from the evil Night Howlers!" Nick exclaimed.

"My, it seems I really have missed a lot, haven't I?" Nick's mom chuckled.

It had been fun chatting with Nick's mom. She was a really nice vixen, but Nick seldom spoke of her that it seemed he wanted to forget about her...

When the chatter quieted down, Nick asked his mom, "So... have you heard from Dad?"

"No, honey. You know how it is. In and out like always," she shook her head; and Nick lowered his before bringing it back up.

"Actually, Mom, I want to tell you something," Nick said, fiddling with his fingers a bit. 

"Yes, dear?"

"You see, Anne and I are in a relationship, and we plan on moving into the future-" he began. "Oh, but of course! The two of you have my blessing!" Nick's mom excitedly butt in. 

"So long as you keep my boy safe!" the vixen hugged us both, pinching our cheeks a little too tightly. 

"Will do, madam!" I assured her. "Good! Now get on with your lives, ya little scamps!" the vixen shooed us out. 

We waved goodbye to her and got into the cop car. "Now, all we have to do is prepare for our wedding," Nick smiled, comfortingly rubbing my paw while driving. 

The two of us shared a loving smile the rest of the ride.