The Truth

(Edited)

Anne Foxx P.O.V.

It's been half a year since Nick and I started dating. It's been a good and strong relationship. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet but maybe we'd just take it slow. Sometimes Judy and Jenna would third wheel on our dates but we still go out privately.

Our dates range from walks in the park to romantic dinners. Mating season this year is over, but next year will be great, I know it.

One time I brought Nick over to my place and meet Scalescliffe. I sat Nick down on a couch and went to get him. The lizard hesitantly got up from his chair, and shook paws with Nick. After greeting each other briefly, there was an awkward and silent pause. Then Scalescliffe left.

"Well, that went well."

Usually, Scalescliffe is like that when he's really happy. For example, I took him out for pizza and he took a bite from a slice and said it was okay. He left the whole pizza for me.

Missions have become more intense these days, so we started getting weapons. Scalescliffe gave Jenna, Joe, and I a mission about a jailbreak in the southern part of Zootropolis on an island.

Sometimes Joe comes with us. He's actually very useful in spy cases but prefers engineering our vehicles. We got into a five seat shape-shifting automobile for emergency cases.

Once we got to the prison we separated and looked for clues like claw marks and signs of damage.

I was in a dark section holding a flashlight on a large taser gun. There were moving shadows there, and I flashed the light over to where the sound was coming from.

"Hello, Anne," said a deep voice with a British accent.
My eyes widened as I dropped the gun down. In front of me was the legendary Jack Savage. He smiled.

"Please," he pleaded. "Please let me go. You don't understand what is going on with the ZSO. I'll explain on the way."

I looked down and thought for a moment. "Fine. Follow me." I said with my tail in motion.

We got to Jenna and Joe and, as I predicted, their eyes and jaws dropped looking at their ex- colleague.

We got into the vehicle but went underwater in case anyone saw us carrying a secret fugitive.

"You don't know why I'm here, do you?" He sighed. Then came the silence.

Jenna was driving, and Joe in the passenger seat while I sat in the back with Jack.

Suddenly his tone got very serious. "Scalescliffe is planning to destroy Zootopia. I found out when I caught him talking with the National Snake Organization. I was in the ceiling vent, and they we're talking about ducts and fumigation within the city. I was about to leave to warn you guys but they heard and got me. You know the rest."

My eyes widened as I remembered the dark day that Scalescliffe went to trial against Jack Savage at court.

Flashback

"And do you, Mr. Savage, have anything to say against Mr. Scalescliffe?"

With his head bowed down he murmured, "No." "Very well, then," said the judge, officially dismissing the case.

Jack was sentenced to five years in prison, but only because Scalescliffe was being so generous. Once the case was over, and Jenna, Joe, and I we're leaving, Scalescliffe lumbered over to Jack and was saying something. I angled my ears toward the conversation.

"Next time you try playing games with me I will send you to prison for the rest of your life." He said grimly into Jack's ear.

The police then came and took Jack away.

Joe, Jenna and I watched sadly as our good friend was gone.

Present

"We need to warn the police." said Jenna as she zoomed through the water and through the streets. Chief Bogo was just locking up his office when we rushed to him.

"You." Chief Bogo pointed at Jack, ready to capture him. "No!" I shouted, distancing the two males from combat. "We have news for you, Chief Bogo."

A/N: Hey guys, I forgot to let you know that Jack Savage is not my own character, but was going to be the main protagonist of Zootopia. However, he was cut from the film entirely during the production and was replaced with Judy Hopps. Thank you and please, vote and comment!