Chapter 1

I walked down the large, abnormally clean hallway towards a familiar office door. My stomach growled, probably because of the fact that I hadn't eaten this morning and was dragged out by Hanji from his room right away.

Today was testing day.

It happened each friday, every day of the week, and the whole time Hanji could freely experiment on me. As long as we had someone like Corporal Levi watching over or Erwin. But most of the time, Erwin would be busy and make Levi do it anyways. Even though Levi made it look like he didn't want to be here at all, he silently enjoyed watching me get pummeled on by Hanji, refusing to actually 'help me' unless I was some what injured or stabbed. But what was most interesting to us all was my titan shifting ability. I couldn't tell if I was getting better or worse, but I was still able to obey simple commands like 'throw something,' or 'attack'. Other than that, it seemed like I was just a regular titan. Sometimes I wouldn't even remember that I transformed, and not realize how many lives were at state because I did. I was a mess, but at the same time, I was getting better. It makes no sense.. But still, we run these same episodes and tests just to see where I am on titan shifting.

I walked up to the shiny brown door with translucent glass and knocked on it. My stomach growled immediately afterwards, making me groan.

"Name and business?"

A low-male voice groggily said from inside. I mentally cursed for Hanji making me wake up Corporal Levi while he was sleep.. Working? Some times he falls asleep on his desk while he worked, and I'm pretty sure today is one of those days.

"I-It's a Eren Yeager, sir-!"

I yelled through the door. Levi groaned as well and said a soft 'come in'. I opened the door and instantly noticed the sleepy Corporal, wiping his left eye with the palm of his hand. I'd be damned if I said he was cute... But damn, it was kind of adorable to see him like this sometimes.

"W-what the hell do you want, Yeager?"

His voice was shaky as if he had just woken up as soon as I knocked and his hair was a mess. I held my hand over my mouth to prevent laughing out suddenly and Levi caught on pretty fast.

"Talk shit, get hit, brat."

Levi commented, raising his hand over his forehead to shield him from the lights. His tone was very promising, but still I couldn't help myself but to laugh. He even threatened to throw the nearest heavy object next to him towards me. Yet my laughing didn't cease.

Not moments after, Levi had stood up, and presented himself right in front of me. Even though I was 10 cm's taller than him, I was cowering down immediately, backing up against the wall.

"Something funny? Brat? Or are you too scared now because I decided to finally wake up?"

Without another word, I shook my head frantically and close my eyes, avoiding the cold, stoic glare Levi was giving me. He eventually sighed as walked back over to his desk. Putting up the papers that he slept on back into place. I opened my eyes and eased down a little bit, walking over to sit down at one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"Tell me again why you're here.. Yeager?"

"Well, as you know, today is testing day, and again, we need supervision to perform this task, sir."

"Yes.. I'm well aware of that-"

A yawn caught him by surprised as he stretched like a cat, bending from side to side with his fists balled up. I only grinned like an idiot this time as I witnessed how adorable Corporal could be at times.

"Why so god damn early though, Yeager?"

"Well um, Hanji actually woke me up first so.."

"Ah. Shitty glasses, of course. One day, I'm gonna strangle her with my bare hands.."
He placed his face in side the palms of his hands and heavily sighed. His hand opened to look up back at me, almost glaring up again.
He got up from his chair and walked over towards the door for me.

"Leave, I need to get ready. Go wait for the nerd outside."

As soon as I got out the room, he slammed the door closed. I flinched at the loud sound and frowned. He didn't need to slam it, jeez. And I know how much he hates doing this.. But hey, at least show a little support for me. After all, Hanji planned on doing much more than just testing out my titan abilities. She likes sticking things into people.. And it wouldn't have been a surprise if I ended up with needles poking out because Levi wasn't there to tell her right from wrong.