Chapter : 10

His stomach turned and leaped inside his torso. His breathing uneasy.. Erratic even from mere sight in front of him. The only sound he could hear vaguely were of his own heart beat. Spinning out of control and off beat, hardly able to contain. His ears roared with the sound of thumping. Every nerve in his body pricking up and vibrating in his temple. The corners of his mouth slowly opened half way. While Hot steam flowed out of his cold, chapped lips. No words, no sounds. Not even a simple verse. Just his own breath, shivering at the sight. He couldn't take it in... He couldn't process this..
This couldn't be. None of it was.
His terrified blue orbs never faltered from the sight in front of him. The shock had taken him in for a real turn. His strong grip faded finally.. Letting the metal blades in his hands crash on to the Titan's legs. He approached his stomach as close as his body would let him. Pale white finger tips reaching out to gently rub against the face he saw, trapped in the outer layers of the Titan's nest..

Levi.

It was unlike Commander Erwin Smith to lose his cool, calm, and collected side. Even in the worst situations he was thrown through. But seeing this... The only person who he could trust to come back safely where ever he went..
Was now stuck half way inside a titan.
A titan who wasn't supposed to be a threat to humanity. Led astray by a boy who's lost his mind entirely.

"G-God... N-No..."

There Levi stood. His body, barely even visible to the rest of the world... Now hidden in layers of stringy titan flesh which was founded over a red serum. The way his body laid attached to the titan was in the shape of a wooden cross. Arms spread out, legs tied together. Covered by more thin layers of raw skin. Reminding Erwin of something that he wished not remember at a time like this.
Even his face... Once pale, dull, yet sharp... Had markings from where Eren's titan skin had stuck to the side of his cheeks. It was as if someone were to press their hot finger tips right into his high cheek bones. Dragging them all the way down so they curved at the edge. You could see the red lines, plain as day. And the worse part of it all...?

His eyes were wide open. Staring at nothing.. In particular. Nothing but a blank empty obis. Dull even. Those stoic eyes were now nothing but vacant orbs. There was no spark of life in them.. No signs of life at all inside... He couldn't even hear the male breathe. Nor It was the scariest thing- by far Erwin had ever seen. One of his most prized soldiers being used... By a titan.

"No..."

The blonde whispered to himself. His words barely making it out of his dry throat. Before he knew it, his body moved on his own. Fingers quickly picking up both of his blades. His grip wavering still; But strengthened moments later. His arms went out from side to side. Forming an X position with the two long blades in his hands. All the while he looked at the floor.. Trying to hold back all the emotion he kept.

"I refuse to let your body stay attached to him.. I refuse to be okay with your tragedy- I refuse."

Erwin sharply pointed one of the tips of his blade towards Levi's forehead. The sharp end only mere centimeters from leaving a red dot in his head.

"... To believe that you're dead..
Not like this, Levi. Not like this.."

Erwin withdrew both of his blades and approached Levi's arms. Sharply cutting both the strands of flesh that held him stiff... Instantly regretting his choice. More flesh.. More stingy flesh replaced where he had recklessly tried to cut him out himself without thinking straight. He cursed, cutting it once more out of pure fury. Only getting the same god damn results as last time- only worse. Now half of his arm clouded with titan skin.. His hands and elbow covered in the red layers.
Erwin growled, becoming more and more impatient. Recklessly beginning to cut everywhere without thinking correctly. Blinded by his own rage for once. Everywhere where he saw the flesh. His mind constricted of nothing but determination to get him out.
Only to realize that his anger and fear would only make things worse for Levi himself. Erwin had been on the verge of cutting Levi right open.. Right before hearing someone call out to him. He stopped, immediately. Hands dropping to hang limp from his body. He slowly looked up once more, thinking that it was the male infront of him who spoke. But sadly.. It was far from it.

"Erwin! E-Erwin stop!"

The female voice roared from behind him. More voice soon following after her desperate pleads. Both males and females now rung through the air and shouted at the man, riding their horses all the way towards where Erwin and the titan were. They stopped their rides a few meters away from Eren's titan form before jumping off. Speed running right under his body and towards Erwin who stood on the titan's legs.
There they were..
Levi's whole entire squad..
Petra, Oluo, Gunther, Eld; Even Hanji herself. Thank god, they had came just in time. Erwin, on the other hand would have lost it completely.

"Erwin stop! You have to listen to me!"
Hanji shouts,
"Levi's trapped there! Y-You can't get him out like that! The skin of the titan will only regenerate where you cut it, just like any other titan we've ever encountered!"

Erwin panted,

"T-Then what do you suggest we do..? I'm not letting this titan take over Levi like he's some kind of specimen!"

"And we have news about that! You need to take Eren out first before you can get to Levi! Otherwise, hell just keep generating himself inside! He's asleep now- our perfect chance before he awakes! We can take back Levi!"

At the sound of their objection, The titan's red eyes began to open. Readjusting in the way of a feline cat. A mighty roar soon followed after his awakening, causing the ground below them to shake rapidly. It took Erwin no time at all to thrust his maneuver gear into the titans abdomen and make a clean way out underneath him. Landing perfectly a couple meters away.

Eren's titan however stood on all fours..
Looking at every person he saw, including Erwin who was off to the side, and defended himself like a beast. They all got ready, holding their blades out and spreading in different directions just to corner him down. Erwin immediately looked towards Hanji. Signaling her to be the distraction. Hanji grinned at the offer, putting her blades back in her gear and walking towards the titan.

"Hey big boy~.. I see you!"

Hanji taunted the titan. It's eye grew darker at the sound of her voice, not liking this situation at all.

" I know you're kind of busy there.. Ya know.. Keeping Levi all to yourself.
Ha, horny bastard you~"

She pointed her index finger at the titan teasingly. The titan only snarled at her sexual comment. Steam blowing out of his nose and off to the sides to fade in the atmosphere.

"But we need you and Levi to get out of there! There is some serious-"

Before Hanji could continue, a mighty roar was heard right infront of them. The titan stood up on two hind legs before crashing back down. Sharp finger nails digging into the grass. At that split moment, you could clearly see Levi strapped on the titan. Those grey eyes were now.. Closed..?
Erwin took notice.

Hanji backed up slightly, holding her hands out in defense like a lion tamer. Looking straight at the invisible dot inbetween the titans eyebrows.

"Oh boy...
This should be fun..."