Chapter 2

They had had a quiet dinner and afterwards Amity was walking towards the Practical study hall, when she noticed her older twin siblings Edric and Emira behind the corner.

"What are you doing?" Amity asked and looked behind the purple corner.

"Oh, hi Amity." Emira said with a high pitched voice, while she quickly hid something behind her back.
"Yeah, hi Amity." Edric said slowly and slipped Emira something behind their backs.
"Where were you?" Amity asked and tried to see what they were hiding.
"When?" Emira asked sounding surprised while she fixed her position.
"Just a moment ago, I had dinner with mother and father, and our mother announced that a class from Hexside is coming this Friday."

"Oh, yeah, we were studying illusions, and I thought that you were going to practice abominations." Edric said with his bantering voice.
"What are you hiding?" Amity asked suspiciously. She started to do a circle with her finger behind her back, trying to create an abomination that could steal what they were hiding behind their backs.
"Nothing." The twins said at the same time smiling suspiciously.
"Okay..." Amity said quickly and walked fast towards the doors of the Practical study hall, getting inside for her practice session. At the same time, the little abomination was creeping in the shadows, trying to steal the thing.

Unfortunately, the twins noticed the little abomination and picked it up, feeling irritated. Then they stumped angrily towards the hall and slammed the the doors open.
Amity was already inside creating little abominations, making them dance the waltz.

"Amity!" Emira shouted, but very quietly so their mother wouldn't hear. She didn't like when there were shouting in the castle.
"How could you try and steal from us?!"

"What?" Amity asked pretending to be confused and stopped the abominations just to walk around the gigantic hall.

"You tried to steal from us." Edric said angrily, holding up the little abomination in front of Amity's face.

"Oh, I am sorry, that little one must have escaped and tried to steal from you." Amity said, trying to sound sorry.

"Oh no you are not sorry, you tried to steal from us. Say it." The twins looked angry and looked ready to shout for their mother.

"Maybe I sent that little one to see what you were hiding, but if you call out for mother she wants to see what I was trying to steal. And I think you don't want that." Amity smiled, feeling smug.

"You are right about that." Emira muttered, the twins looked defeated and upset. But at the same time they looked proud because their little sister had outsmarted them.

"What is so secret that mother can't know about it?" Amity asked after a few minutes of silence.

The twins looked at each other.
"Okay, but you have to promise not to tell mother."

The twins made Amity swear and pinkie promise that she wouldn't tell. After that was done, they showed her what they were hiding.

"Fireworks?!" Amity was shocked. "You only get those from the village! You have sneaked out!"

"Quiet!"

"Sorry, but... Where?"

"There is always an open window in the north wing." Edric slipped but Emira pushed him with her elbow.

"Ow."

"Shut it, she can tell mother and the window can be shut.

"Oh true, please don't tell mother about that either. Edric asked with a little panic in his eyes.

"I won't." Amity said, and the panic disappeared.

"Great, do you want to come with us next time? Tomorrow before the sunset?" Edric asked and waited for the answer.

"Yeah, do you?" Emira agreed.

"Wha- me with you, outside the castle?!"

"Yup, but you would have to wear your, uhh, most unroyal outfit? So they won't recognize us." Edric pointed out.

"I have to think, you will get you answer tomorrow when the sun is at its highest." Amity said with her royal voice, and the twins left and shut the doors leaving Amity alone.

"I would never sneak out the castle, I could get caught and that would be really, really bad. But at the same time this is my only chance ever, it's now or never." Amity went through her options outloud, but quitetly. Whispering.  She sat down and let the abominations melt to a pile of purple sludge.