⒈ 𝘜𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘌𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳

(𝘈 𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘈𝘨𝘰)

⋄∻⚜∻⋄

"𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓁𝑒 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓂𝓎 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝒹𝓈."

∻⚜∻

"𝐻𝑜𝓌 𝒸𝓁𝓊𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝐼 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓌𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝓂𝑒𝓉. 𝒩𝑜𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝒾𝓂𝓅𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒."

⋄∻⚜∻⋄

(Chiang Main∙ 6:30 p.m. Pi is a High School student.)

Red and pink balloons drift along with the cold breeze tied to thin strings on ends outside shops. Glass display showcasing all related to the theme of red and pink. It gave a captivating sight to every viewer with the sky turning a pretty shade of orange mixed with shades blue blended perfectly with hues of pink, and strokes of red if looked hard enough.

A perfect day for such an event. The day was as clear and fresh as it could be in the populated and polluted city of Bangkok, slow breeze made it all better in late evening. The downpour a few hours ago cleared away dust and warmness of scratching heat of summer. Any other time, he would've loved to take a stroll alongside when it wasn't crowded and bustling. But unfortunately, tiredness took over his body and eyes.

Wooden tables and stalls were arranged on either side of the street filled with whatever could please the eyes of lovers enough to pick and pay, the marketplace was decorated alike a festival. An effort to lure every loving pair at their first glance. Pi had eyed all objects depicting love as he walked with bag hung loosely. The most dreaded day for Pi, Valentine's Day was finally here.

Couplets of outfits or accessories were flooded into every shop since the month began. Eyes lingered longer for gifts, choosing what could be presented to their partners. Many stood in front of aisles with a frown of great concentration, contemplating on what to buy. Pi had to squeeze through some places, most flooded by men and women of variation in ages, all for the se purpose.

Individuals held hands, stealing shy glances at each other. Simply where your eyes could take will witness couples wearing matching shirts with eyebrow-raising quotes, cheesy words printed over clothes, bracelets, whatever is available to showcase their blossoming relationship. It looked like every human had a twin, from matching shirts, to converse to bags and caps. It was easy to differentiate who were happy and who weren't.

Pi would never invest in such a mass-produced, corporate-controlled faux-lain(he made that one up himself).

It looked like he was walking in the middle of a Rom-Com movie with hearts and flowers floating around. Romantic for the ones with partners and bitterness toward people like Pi. No one to share the day with chocolates and flowers or messages with.

Who could understand the pain of working and being alone on a day like this better than he? The extra bonus he will get better be worth it. Pi side-eyed all of them with a gaze that held nothing but malice.

He wanted to walk up to some random couple and yell-

"Who the hell is she?" and then walk away crying, just to f*ck with them. He had heard so much cheesiness just on his walk to work that he wanted his ears to bleed at this point. He should've booked a cab if only the cash was enough. He will have to save up for some necessities hence better a walk than waste money. No compromise on buying merchandise.