𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

∻⚜∻

"Sometimes, you leave the good memories behind with the painful ones. It's because they both do not belong with each other. Before the good ones turn dark and bitter, lock them in a box and walk away."

‹‹››

He had said what was needed to be known, and poured out his feelings that had been surfacing with giant waves the shore couldn't handle anymore. It was unfair to someone he liked, to let the latter be in the dark about his feelings. Because it looked nowhere near reducing, his heart poured out every minute they were together. It wasn't fair to him even, to lie and pretend there was nothing in between. 

It was time to back off and wait. Wait patiently and anticipate if all was in his favor or not. After all, if he chose to like someone, he didn't do it with surety those feelings will be returned. 

And whatever the answer may be, one thing was clear. It was all worth it, in a heartbeat. All of it that he had done was worth this second, this very moment. Even if their chances were low, he does not regret a single thing. They have come a long way. They grew and evolved together, and that was more than anything.

The start was bitter, and he made mistakes. But how they were now, he would like to think he redeemed those actions. 

What they had was something to cherish as long as it lasted. It will remain in his memories as long as he can breathe.

He learned how to love, how to wait, and how to speak what he felt, something he forgot to do for a long time. His heart was at ease when the latter was around, his mere presence was so comforting.

So, even if his heart squeezed at the thought of never speaking to him again, he swallowed it. Because it was rather stay true to oneself than lie and suffer. His love wasn't something to be ashamed of, to hide. 

He understood that fairytale endings didn't exist, because love to him was more than just a beginning and a happy ending. It's all the in-between, and everything in between a 'Hello' and a 'Goodbye'.  

If love was intense, it took a lot in the process, and there was no way he wouldn't be greedy or selfish if he was allowed to take one more step. And that would be wrong of him, to expect from something he was unsure of, for something that could be only one-sided. 

Unconditional love was rare. And if there was giving, there was taking too. 

He will wait and watch, even if it is from afar. Time changes and heals. He believes.

∻⚜∻

"Love is not as easy as you think it is. It comes with a lot and demands a lot more. And in the end, it's never sure if they will stay forever. 

Because forever was never defined. It is different for each person. So as long as this forever lasts, hold onto it dearly with all your might.

"I only hope we have further than tomorrow and longer than forever..."

∻⚜∻

Prologue to my New Book, a standalone continuation of this series. The main couple is 'Eart-Mix', inspired by 'A Tale Of A Thousand Stars'. 

The letter lay abandoned over the nightstand. His figure hunched on a chair, hands rubbing his face in the dimly lit room. He had anticipated something, but the disappearance of the individual without any trace was unexpected.