Apparently I'm Bad-Ass.

The door flew open so hard that it left an edge of the door shaped impression on the wall and promptly fell of it’s hinges. 

“Elsa!” Sebastian spun her round to face him, his face full of fury and concern as he looked her all over, “Are you ok?”

Elsa fell against his chest thankfully, immediately comforted by his familiar heat. The enormity of what she’d had to do, killing two new werewolves who probably had no idea what was happening to them and had been perfectly innocent humans before the full moon, weighed heavily on her and, on the other side of glass she had been looking through when Sebastian had entered the room, Hesper and her team were working feverishly to save Emily’s life. Grant had been taken away as soon as they’d arrived and Elsa had been able to explain what had happened. A clean up team had been sent to the bar to check for witnesses and dispose of the werewolves and Marcus had taken a shocked and confused Grant, still too far under Elsa’s influence to be panicking and asking questions, to see what could be done to help him deal with the nights events and preferably forget them all together.

“I’m ok,” she mumbled into Sebastian’s chest, “You broke the door again.”

Sebastian held her tightly, “Doors can be fixed again,” he said without a trace of humour, “You could have been killed.” Werewolf blood was highly poisonous to vampires and, if delivered directly to the brain or heart, it was deadly. 

“I’m ok,” Elsa repeated, she didn’t know what else to say, “Who told you?”

“When you didn’t turn up I tried to call you. You didn’t answer so I came here.” It was simple, the only way Elsa wouldn’t have made it to the warehouse in the promised five minutes was if something was wrong and that meant either Haven was involved or they would be by the time he got there.

Sebastian held her back from him and placed a hand under her chin, tilting her head up until her eyes met his. The familiar amber glow that appeared every time his adrenaline pumped burned from his gaze, “I hate being away from you,” he said simply and kissed her fiercely. She kissed him back just as hard, it was such a relief to be in his arms again.

“How is Emily?” Sebastian asked as they pulled apart and Elsa turned back to the window and placed a hand on the glass, listening to what was being said on the other side.

“They think she’s going to live,” she said finally, “There was a lot of damage, Hesper had to transfuse with vampire blood, like she did for Kate remember? They’re just closing up now.”

“And Grant?”

“They saw me Sebastian, they saw what I am and they saw what I did. He wasn’t hurt but…” It was Kate all over again, now Grant would hate her too. 

Sebastian took her hand and pulled her towards the destroyed doorway, “You need to eat,” he said in a tone that didn’t invite protestations. Elsa obediently walked with him to the staff room and he got her a bag out of the fridge, warmed it and placed it in her hands. She really did need a drink, all the blood she’d been around this evening having not fed had left her feeling weak, it was amazing she hadn’t finished Emily off herself. 

Logan appeared at the doorway, “How are you doing?” he asked, looking concerned.

“I’m fine,” Elsa said, now wishing people would stop asking.

“Fine?” Logan question with a raised eyebrow, “You just fought off two first time werewolves!”

“One of them was already injured and the other was distracted by the fact he had his mouth full.” Elsa said without humour.

“Still,” Logan continued, walking over to her, “You don’t even have a scratch?” It was a question rather than a statement.

“I don’t think so, no. I’m the last person people should be worrying about really Logan, Emily came off far worse.”