⭐️CHAPTER SIX⭐️

"Dad, you haven't called since you spoke to my step-dad. Are you okay?" Ga-yeong asked, looking up at her father with fried chicken in front of her. Gi-hun shifted uncomfortably.

"I know, I've just..been really busy. How's your mother?" Gi-hun said and asked, gently ruffling Ga-yeong's hair.

"Mom's fine. Is this the friend you talked about sometimes?" She replied and asked, shooting Sang-woo a cheeky grin. Gi-hun nodded and patted Sang-woo's back.

"That's right. Been friends since we were your age." He replied, forcing a smile for his daughter. Sang-woo looked at him sadly, wishing his smile was the genuine one he'd always have on his face.

"It's nice to meet you, sir. I'm Ga-yeong." She said, holding her small hand out to shake. Sang-woo smiled gently at her and shook her hand.

"Cho Sang-woo. Hopefully your father's said good things about me, considering my name is always coming out of his mouth." He said, shooting a look at Gi-hun at the end.

"When do I ever have anything bad to say about you?" He asked, looking back at him. Ga-yeong shifted her eyes back and forth from her dad to Sang-woo as she ate her chicken with a smile on her face.

- SQUID GAME: GAME OVER -

The three walked up the street, making their way to the arcade since Ga-yeong wanted to play games. Sang-woo didn't say much, as he wanted to allow the two to spend time together. He didn't want to be nosy but he was curious as to how the divorce happened. The idea of that alone let him know how long it had been since they spoke. He didn't even know his best friend was getting married or having kids. Damn, how the time flew by.

Sang-woo stopped in his tracks when he realized the other two did. Turning around, he saw Gi-hun down on one knee while Ga-yeong whispered something in his ear. He cocked his head to the side slightly in confusion.

"I think your friend really likes you." Ga-yeong said with that same cheeky grin on her face. Gi-hun raised both eyebrows and looked at the little girl as though she just said something profound.

"Oh yeah? What gave you that idea?" He asked, holding both her shoulders. She just giggled.

"He looks at you funny. And I think you really like him too." She replied, making her father's face heat up as he briefly glanced at Sang-woo before looking back at her. He recognized that smug look on her face. She got it from him, after all.

"Ah shh shh shh...we wouldn't want him to hear anything, ah?" He said nervously, Ga-yeong folding her arms.

"So it's true. Don't worry, I won't say anything." She said before jogging up to Sang-woo and tugging on her shirt. They then began to walk together with Ga-yeong holding his hand. Gi-hun shook his head as he caught up with them.

The day seemed to fly by as Ga-yeong played endless games and kept winning prizes. Sang-woo watched Gi-hun spend time with his kid and it easily brought him back to those games. It made him think of Ali specifically. He was a father to child way younger than Ga-yeong. He didn't exactly feel...guilty. He just thought of the comparison for how different life would be for the people around them. Ga-yeong was already worried that her father didn't call or spend time with her for days so she'd probably feel bad if he didn't com me back at all. Whereas Sang-woo really only had his mother, who thought he was abroad before finding out what he was really up to.

'He saved me and yet...what did I really have to lose?' He thought to himself.

Sang-woo was lost in his thoughts until he felt a small hand wrap around his arm and pull him along. He looked down and saw Ga-yeong pulling him with a big smile on her face, inviting him to play at the crane machine with them. Sang-woo couldn't help but agree. Who was he to deprive a child of a good time? On the other hand, it could be therapeutic for him in a way.

The time eventually came for Ga-yeong to head home so Gi-hun carried her on his back while Sang-woo carried the bag with all her prizes in it. Upon making it to her apartment, her mother stood outside waiting for her. Gi-hun put her down and Sang-woo gave her the bag.

"Here! You guys can have these. Thanks for taking me out today, I had a great time!" She said happily as she took out two plushies and handed them to both adults before running off to her mom.

- SQUID GAME: GAME OVER -

"Geez, I can't believe these are still popular. Remember how we used to go crazy collecting these?" Gi-hun said and asked, tossing his plushie up in the air repeatedly while laying on the couch.

"Of course. You're the one who got me to start collecting them and then I became as obsessive as you." Sang-woo replied, moving his legs and sitting down next to him. "What were you and Ga-yeong whispering about?" He asked curiously. Gi-hun sat up straight and just looked at the plushie in his hands.

"Ah kids will be kids, it's nothing you should be too worried about." He replied, getting up. "We should be worrying about where to go from here. We can't stay here much longer. Afterwards...I'll pass up all the money to you?" He said, turning to Sang-woo, who slowly stood up at the last part.

"Pass it up? The only time you spent this money on yourself was to pay your debt and you wanna pass it up?" Sang-woo asked in his pure disbelief. Gi-hun nodded with a shrug.

"Well- yeah. I mean.." he sighed, "what am I gonna do with it now? Pay for my mother's surgery? I haven't much use for all that." Gi-hun said, his voice sounding sad.

"You won the game, Gi-hun-" Sang-woo said, only to be cut off by the other, who placed his hands on his shoulders, their faces just inches apart and the plushie dropping to the floor.

"We won the game. The two of us. And we could use it to get you out of here." He said softly, Sang-woo looking desperately into his eyes.

Sang-woo just watched as Gi-hun parted away from him, going to his room to probably borrow more pajamas and take a shower. The younger male sighed. He had to admit, it was a shit ton of money they had but for now, Gi-hun was right. They just had to focus on fleeing to another part of Korea.

Some time after, Sang-woo went to his room to get ready to shower as well when Gi-hun came in with his hair as messy as ever and only wearing a pair of pajama pants. Sang-woo breathed in sharply and started choking on air as Gi-hun sat down, running a hand through his hair before going on his phone.

"You alright?" Gi-hun asked, Sang-woo nodding his head vigorously.

'This man is gonna make me act up, he's gonna make me act up, I'm gonna act up-' Sang-woo thought to himself as he rushed the bathroom, shutting the door and leaning up against it. His heart was racing. Why did this have to be so hard? Why was it so different from when they were younger?

Gi-hun just sat on the bed, swiping through pictures of him and Ga-yeong. He lied down with his hair spread out on the pillow as he swiped through all the photos. He spent the next 20 minutes messing around on his phone until Sang-woo came back out the same way he did; pretty much half naked. He freaked out so much he forgot to bring a shirt. Gi-hun dropped his phone on his face and pretended he wasn't looking.

'And I think you really like him too.' He remembered his daughter's words.

He felt so embarrassed considering she was right.

To Be Continued...🔺

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I would just like to apologize for such a bad chapter omg-