🔺CHAPTER EIGHT🔺

Sang-woo's eyes slowly creeped open as faint voices could be heard all around him. His vision was hazy, but as he sat up it cleared a bit. There were bright lights and he sat up on something uncomfortable..the feeling was a bit too familiar to him. His eyes widened when he saw the greenish track suits and piled up beds. His breathing became uneven but he tried to stay calm. Hearing a low groan, he darted his head to the side and saw Gi-hun laying beside him, slowly moving his limbs around as though he were in pain. The younger was just glad he wasn't dead from hitting his head.

He had to think fast as Gi-hun started to sit up, holding his head. He put a hand over his eyes to keep him from seeing his surroundings, even though that would only be effective for so long.

"Agh my head...huh?" Gi-hun groaned as he noticed he couldn't see anything. "S-Sang-woo?" He called nervously, Sang-woo gently patting his shoulder.

"It's okay, it me. Just...maybe you shouldn't look." He said as the older gently grabbed ahold of his hand.

"What are you talking about..." his voice trailed off as the large room came into view. He looked all around and down at his clothes, seeing he was in that damned tracksuit...and labeled with the same number. "Sang-woo..." he looked to the younger, tears already in his eyes, "Sang-woo why are we here again?!" He yelled catching the attention of some of the other people. Sang-woo gently pressed a finger to his lips.

"Shhh it's okay. I don't know why we're here but it might have something to do with what happened last night. We were kidnapped instead of invited this time. I couldn't tell you what their motives were, though." He explained as Gi-hun got up from his bed.

"We gotta warn these people. We can't let this happen again." He said. Sang-woo sighed.

"What are the chances of them believing us? Someone would have to die in order for us to prove that this is a survival game." He sighed again, "I guess if that's what it takes." He said in a low tone. When he looked back up, Gi-hun was already gone, climbing up to on of the highest bed and stood on it.

"Hey people, listen up!!" He shouted. The room fell mostly silent as over 400 eyes landed on him. He took a deep breath, hoping this work. "This may be hard to believe but...you're all in danger here. It's true that we've been taken here to play games but in doing so, we are also fighting for a lives for money. My friend and I have been here before and I'm the most recent winner of these sick games. I had to cheat the system in order to save my best friend." He explained, pointing down at Sang-woo at the last part. Everyone chatted amongst themselves before a woman stepped forward.

"Oh yeah? How do we know you aren't lying?" She said with a smug look on her face, folding her arms. Gi-hun opened his mouth to speak up when Sang-woo stood up from his spot.

"Because we've seen it. We had front row seats in watching people die, letting people die, killing them for the sake of time. A man took his own life after he lost his wife. It was his only way out since he was the only one who wanted out." Sang-woo started to walk down to the main floor as he looked at everyone with cold eyes, "You fail at these games...you won't ever see the light of day again. This place? This is he'll run by the devil himself and all his little minions are in charge of getting rid of us for cold, hard, cash." He had, staring directly into the woman's eyes.

The whole room fell silent. Gi-hun was surprised by how effective they were. Though at the same time, they weren't sure if everyone really believed them or not. The older male sighed as he climbed back down and stood with Sang-woo.

"I think...I think we should listen to them!" A small female voice was heard within the crowd.

"Riiiight, listen to the crazy guys who want the money for themselves, okay." Another guy said, rolling his eyes as most of the people shouted in protest, both agreeing and disagreeing with what the two men told them.