⭐️CHAPTER NINE⭐️

"I guess those lunatics were right, after all." A man said within the crowd of players. Most of their eyes fell on Gi-hun and Sang-woo, who simply nodded their heads to them.

More and more voices were heard as the confused players talked amongst themselves about the game and what happened during Red Light Green Light. Gi-hun sighed. He was sick of the constant deja vu. It was sickening and he desperately wanted a way to stop everything and help everyone. Sang-woo guided Gi-hun and #327 to sit down at their beds while everyone else expressed their confusion with each other.

"So what's your name?" Gi-hun asked, lightly tapping #327's shoulder. She looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Oh- my name! Right! Hwa-young! Jung Hwa-young!" She replied with a bright smile on her face.

"Seong Gi-hun."

"Cho Sang-woo."

"How old are you, if you don't mind me asking.." Gi-hun asked cautiously. Hwa-yeong shifted from her heels to her toes.

"I'm 19 years old..actually." She said with a nervous smile, both the males' eyes widening. It was way younger than they thought. "Yeeaahh....I've gotten in a bit of trouble since I left home..started doing things I shouldn't have been doing.." she said, scratching the back of her head.

A 19 year old. Compared to them, she was basically a child fighting for her life against grownups who would probably sacrifice her in seconds. It made Gi-hun shudder.

"Would you guys happen to know what the next game is?" Hwa-young asked, shifting her gaze from Sang-woo to Gihun.

"If my memory is correct...Honeycomb. We have to cut shapes out of Dalgona Candy." Sang-woo explained, earning a smile from Hwa-young.

"I love Dalgona Candy! I used to eat it all the time growing up." She said happily before her smile quickly faded, "but...this is a survival game so it won't really be much fun. Shall I go tell everyone that's the next game?" She said and asked. Gi-hun nodded as Hwa-young got up and left them. Gi-hun sighed as Sang-woo gently rubbed the small of his back.

"What can do, Sang-woo?" Gi-hun asked him helplessly. Sang-woo looked around the room and his gaze fell on the ceiling, where a long vent traveled all around.

"Those vents up there." He pointed, "the first time we were here, Sae-Byeok smelled sugar from up there. I think if we go up there as well, we can find something. And those guards; we should ditch these outfits and pose as them." Sang-woo explained, Gi-hun looking at him with pure confusion in his eyes.

"How do you suppose we do that?" He asked. Sang-woo smirked, that sinister look in his eyes coming back.

"Leave that part to me." He replied, ruffling Gi-hun's fluffy hair. Gi-hun was a bit worried but trusted in Sang-woo. Hwa-young jogged back to them and sat down.

Sang-woo explained the plan to Hwa-young, who would probably be best to go in the vents and do some snooping. They asked a guard to use the bathroom, which was a bit of a hassle but they managed to make it. A guard with a triangle mask stood outside the restroom, giving them half an hour and no longer. They all went into a stall that had the vent opening right above it. It was bolted shut but Hwa-young wiped out a switchblade from her bra.

"How the hell did you smuggle that in here." Gi-hun asked in a harsh whisper, making Hwa-young giggle.

"These goons gotta have some morals, right? They won't do a thorough search of a lady's bra, now will they?" She said in a whisper as the two men helped her up to unscrew the vent.

Hwa-young held up a fist before climbing up, dropping another switchblade to Gi-hun, who was shocked at the fact that she had two of them. Sang-woo took the blade and signaled for Gi-hun to stay where he was and wait for Hwa-young to finish up in the vents. Gi-hun just nodded as Sang-woo quickly and quietly headed for the bathroom door.