🔺CHAPTER TWELVE🔺

Just a heads up, this chapter isn't very long, I'm sorry :(

++++++++++++

"456, 218, and 327 are missing?" The front man asked, a square guard nodding his head as a response.

"Yes, sir. The other superiors and I believe they have something to do with the sudden deaths of the other guards. We have found their tracksuits in the bathroom, one of them covered in blood." He replied, nodding his head slightly. The Front Man let out a light sigh through his mask.

"Find them. And bring them to me. I don't care how you do it, but be sure it gets done." He said sternly, the pink guard shifting uncomfortably. "Keep a close watch on those inferior to you; the first ones to open fire on one of their own are our targets. Got it?"

The guard nodded his head, bowing to the man in all black before leaving his office.

- SQUID GAME: GAME OVER -

"How many guards do you think we killed?" Hwa-young asked in a whisper, sitting up as best as she could in the tight vent.

"Hopefully at least half of them; the triangles, I mean. I did manage to do some damage on the squares but..I can't say I got them all. The circular ones will be an issue, though." Sang-woo replied tiredly. Gi-hun looked at nothing, letting out a sigh before looking at Sang-woo and Hwa-young.

"What if we backtrack and take the outfits of the other guards? We can give them to the remaining players and it'll be like a revolution. At least then, we won't have to race against the clock and beat the amount of people that could die tomorrow." Gi-hun said, gently balling his hand into a fist.

"As much as I like your way of thinking, we have no choice but carry that pressure. Discretely pulling out over a hundred players won't be as easy as you think it is. We'd have to get them out but by bit and even then, we'd have no choice but to be okay with a significant amount of people dying. Please understand, Gi-hun, we're not going to save everyone." Sang-woo replied, earning a frown from Hwa-young.

Gi-hun slightly frowned, not wanting to accept Sang-woo's words. He looked through the opening to the vent and saw an empty hallway, quickly moving away when a guard passed by. Getting an idea right after, he took Sang-woo's switchblade and started to unscrew to vent opening.

"What are you doing?" Hwa-young asked, but Gi-hun only put a finger to his lips, signaling that she should be quiet. After opening the vent, he adjusted himself so he could hang out if the vent. He dropped to the floor on his feet and stealthily followed the guard.

Gi-hun held his breath as he took quiet steps before running up behind the guard and stabbing them in the neck. The guard put up a bit of a fight but Gi-hun only sunk the blade deeper into his neck until the guard dropped to the floor. Throwing away the triangle mask he originally had, he replaced it with the square mask of the guard he just murdered. Gunshots were heard behind him as he whipped his whole body around and saw another square guard laying in a pool of blood.

The older male saw Sang-woo's hands reach down from the vent and he immediately grabbed ahold of them after retrieving the other square mask. He jumped up towards the vent as Sang-woo pulled him up, Hwa-young doing her best to help pull him up as well. Afterwards, Gi-hun closed the vent again and screwed it up.

"We should try and find that room Hwa-young described; where they have our photos and the cameras. Do you think you could lead us there?" Sang-woo and asked, looking at the younger girl. She nodded her head and pointed in the direction Sang-woo was facing.

"Yes. But we've gotta go that way. I'll guide you." She said as Sang-woo started to crawl back.

++++++++++++

"They were here." A triangle guard said, The Front Man standing behind them. He kneeled down and examined the stab wound on the former square guard's neck.

"Tell the other staff to check the cameras more thoroughly. There's no way they're getting around without being seen- "

"The vents, sir. One of the other guards said they saw them climb into the vents. Seeing as we have no cameras in the vents, we have no way of knowing where they're headed next." A square guard said, The Front Man turning to look at him.

"Interesting. Split up and cover as much ground as you can. Leave no corner unguarded. Understand?" The Front Man ordered as the guards bowed to him, leaving to complete their task.

++++++++++++++

Silence rang through the players' ears as they sat exhausted in the black and gold office. Sang-woo and Gi-hun sat against a large bookshelf while Hwa-young quietly looked around, her eyes sparkling like a child in a toy store. Gi-hun looked at the wall while Sang-woo stared down at the floor. Sang-woo glanced up at Gi-hun, seeing that he looked distressed. He took his hand in his and gave it gentle squeeze, making Gi-hun look at him with tired eyes.

"It'll be okay." Sang-woo said softly. Gi-hun just frowned, looking as though he would cry. Sang-woo used to always hold his hand when he felt stressed out and this moment only reminded him in the good old days. "We're so close to the end, Gi-hun. In just a matter of time, this'll all seem like a crazy nightmare again. It won't even matter." He continued, looking into the older man's eyes.

They were brutally forced out of their trance when they heard the doors open. Gi-hun shot up from his spot, gun in hand as he quickly whipped around the corner, only to be met with a familiar face.

"You?" He asked, lowering his gun.

To Be Continued....🔺

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry this chapter is so short and so bad >~< I got a little stumped this chapter and I've been a bit distracted lately! I'll try and make the next chapter better!

Btw, what do you think of the story so far? :) I'd love to read your thoughts ❤️ until next time!