𒊹CHAPTER TEN𒊹

Sang-woo's footsteps were the only things that could be heard as he made his way through bloody staircases to get to the guards he shot. Much like the first guard, he stripped them down and took their guns for Gi-hun and Hwa-young. Before leaving, he tossed them over the wall and watched them fall to the floor. He let out a low chuckle.

"Now you know what it's like to fall to your death." He said before leaving with the suits and guns.

- SQUID GAME: GAME OVER -

"So is he your boyfriend or what?" Hwa-young asked in a whisper, carving out the triangle shape in her Dalgona. She sat beside Gi-hun, who had the same shape in his container.

"What? Who?" He asked, glancing up at her before redirecting his focus again.

"You and Sang-woo. Duh." She said, successfully breaking off a piece of the candy with a slight smile. Gi-hun gave a slight pout in response.

"No. What gave you that idea?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. She giggled silently.

"You guys are so obvious. I may be young but I can tell when two people are into each other. I mean, come on; you should've seen yourselves after Red Light Green Light. And when I came back from the vents, the amount of tension in the air was enough to tell me you guys could've made out right then and there." She said, that same cheeky smile on her face. Gi-hun let out a sigh from the embarrassment.

"You sound like my eleven year old daughter. Except she doesn't know anything about kissing or tension. And can't two friends just hug each other after being in a life or death situation?" He said and asked, playfully rolling his eyes.

"If your eleven year old kid can tell you guys have a thing for each other, then that's how you know you're hella obvious." She said, breaking off another piece, jumping slightly at the sound of two gunshots across the room, "do you like him?" She asked.

"Hwa-yeong-"

"Listen, I'm not one to send hate towards two guys that are into each other. It's 2021, everyone's kissing each other." She said with a slight laugh as she picked at the triangular image. Gi-hun sighed again, but with a slight smile.

"We'll talk when this is over." He said as they finished up freeing their shapes.

Player 465, pass.

Player 327, pass.

"I'll admit I've caught feelings for him. Strong ones at that. Seeing him again for the first time in years only reminded me of those feelings. It's so bad to say, considering I got married and had a child." Gi-hun said, walking down staircases with Hwa-young and other survivors.

Hwa-young opened her mouth to speak when they both saw blood dripping down some of the walls. They could tell that even the guards were a bit confused. Looking down, they saw two half naked men on the floor in a pool of blood. They looked at each other.

"Your boyfriend's badass." She whispered before nudging him to continue, Gi-hun rolling his eyes when she said 'boyfriend'. "Okay go on! When did you start to like him?" She said with a smile.

Gi-hun was nervous to continue, as any of these armed guards could have been Sang-woo. But his theory was proven incorrect, seeing as none of them had Sang-woo's physique.

"We were teens when I knew I liked him. 15 and 16 years old." He said, looking downwards with a slight smile and reddening cheeks.

~ FLASHBACK ~

"Ah good morning, Gi-hun! Sang-woo will be out in a little bit, he's just getting his things together. You're quite early today! What's the occasion?" Sang-woo's mother asked with a bright smile on her face. Gi-hun clutched his backpack, shifting from his heels to his toes and his hair bouncing to the rhythm of his movements.