◽️CHAPTER ELEVEN◽️

~ FLASHBACK ~

"How many stars do you think are in the sky?" Gi-hun asked, laying beside Sang-woo with the blankets over his bare chest.

"Too many to pin point an exact number." The younger replied, turning his head to look at the older. Gi-hun smiled wide, rotating his whole body to face Sang-woo.

"If we were stars, you'd be the brightest. My bright star, mine." Gi-hun shimmied over to Sang-woo, pretending to attack him and pulled him into a tight cuddle. "Mine mine mine mine mine!" Gi-hun nuzzled his face in Sang-woo hair, making the younger laugh.

"Quit it!" He said in between laughs, wrapping his arms around the older boy and tickling his stomach. Gi-hun arched his back as he immediately busted out laughing and turned away as a means of getting Sang-woo to stop tickling him. "Oh no you don't!" He said as Gi-hun tried to move away.

Sang-woo climbed onto Gi-hun's back, wrapping his legs around him as he continued to tickle his belly from behind. Gi-hun started squirming in the younger's right hold, laughing so hard you couldn't hear him anymore. Sang-woo giggled and stopped tickling him, letting him breathe. As Gi-hun calmed himself down, Sang-woo kept his arms wrapped around him and rested his head on his bare back. He breathed in his scent and sighed happily.

"Goodnight, Gi-hun." The younger said.

"Night, Sang-woo ah~!"

~ PRESENT DAY ~

"All that and you haven't told him how you feel? It's been years, man." Hwa-young said in disbelief as they arrived back in the main room until other players finished.

"Believe me, I know how long it's been." Gi-hun said, sitting down on the floor, followed by Hwa-young.

"So what about when he left for college? And your wife and kid?" Hwa-young asked. Gi-hun just sighed.

"We kept in touch with each other for about a year before we just stopped talking one day. I always tried to contact him but there came a point where it felt like he cut me off. It hurt, really bad. I figured I had to get my life together without him so after some years, I met my ex wife, fell in love with her, married her, and had Ga-yeong. Although it was wrong of me, I knew I wasn't completely over Sang-woo and those feelings are part of the reason we got a divorce. The first reason was because I wasn't always the best father. Secondary reason was that we fell out of love." He explained. Hwa-young frowned.

"I'm so sorry..." she said, gently resting a hand on his knee.

"Don't be." Gi-hun shook his head, "in the end, we met up again and..I get to have a second chance at love..whenever that happens." He replied, averting his gaze, letting his mind wander to the younger.

"A second chance at your first love. I'm rooting for you." Hwa-young said before hearing someone come into the main room.

The two players turned their heads towards the guard with a triangle mask as he pointed towards them and motioned for them to follow them. They got up and followed the guard almost immediately, knowing it could only be Sang-woo coming to get them.

Sang-woo quickly and quietly guided Gi-hun and Hwa-young to the bathroom, where there were folded pink uniforms on the floor, along with guns and a square mask. Sang-woo took off his mask, the triangle shape covered in blood droplets.

"Sang-woo! Where ya been?" Hwa-young asked with a smile.

"On a shooting spree. The other guards are starting to get suspicious of me, so I had to hurry and get these to you. I shot up some of the cameras so we wouldn't be easily seen. Getting to them all would be impossible alone." He replied, replacing the bloody triangle mask with the superior square one. Hwa-young nodded and picked up a uniform, going to a bathroom stall to change.