CHAPTER X ~ CENTER OF MY ATTENTION

_____________________________________

"Sleep?  Ah, yes. I have a vague recollection of that."

_____________________________________

POV: (Y/N) YUMEI

[1ST PERSON]

'How'd I end up here on the first day?'

The humming of ventilation and faint ticking of a clock were the only audible noises busying my ears.

I twisted and turned on the bed, its thin sheets ruffling as I breathed in the smell of sanitizer and antiseptic.

The light was still on in the small infirmary room, so no matter how hard I'd close my eyelids it wouldn't be pitch dark.

Well, it's not like I wanted to drift off anyway.

I guess my dad explained my quirk in complete detail to UA, because Recovery Girl suprisingly knew how my recharge system worked.

Half an hour earlier...

"Yumei (Y/N), right?" The old lady gingerly flipped through some papers.

I hummed in confirmation.

"Quirk: Ghost. Interesting. You can possess both living and nonliving objects?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Don't call me ma'am! I'm still young and vibrant!!" She jumped up on her seat, crossing her short arms.

I laughed quietly. I love elderly people.

"So your quirk is a mix between an emitter-type-- meaning you can alter or control things around you in certain ways;

and transformer-type--basically the same altering thing but on yourself temporarily." She thoroughly explained as it seemed she knew my quirk better than myself.

"Oh. Didn't know there were certain types."

"Your drawback is fatigue. Correct?"

I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck, straightening my position on the bed. "Yes."

I'm not a fan of people knowing my drawback and limits.

"And your recharge is apparently... sleep?"

I felt a faint blush dust my cheeks.

I'm not a fan of that being known either.

"Yes."