CHAPTER II ~ MOMENTS TO MEMORIES

______________________________________

"A single rose can be my garden...
a single friend, my world."

-Leo Buscaglia
______________________________________

POV: (Y/N) YUMEI

[1ST PERSON]

"Amajiki!"

I call out to my indigo-haired friend as he entered the classroom. He jumped, as always, startled by me.

"Y-Yes?" He answered, and I barely heard him.

He seems to be constantly hiding from someone, I swear.

"Is it fine if I switch seats to be next to you?" I asked politely. It hasn't been very long, but I feel a different sense of comfort with him.

"W-Well..." he sat down, "if it's a-alright with the p-person you'll s-switch with..."

"Seriously? You're going to sit with him?"

Akira whispered next to me, her voice laced with utter disgust.

I ignored her.

"Hurishoki, may I switch seats with you?" I looked over to the nerdy girl, patting her shoulder gently so I didn't startle her.

She looked at me with wide eyes, shocked anyway.

"O-Of course, Y-Yumei!" she quickly stood up, taking her belongings with her.

'Woah, that was a bit easy. Do people really look up to me, or am I just scary at this point?'

"Uhh, slow down! I didn't mean to rush you. Is it really alright?" I looked at her with a little bit of guilt.

"I-It's more than alright! I can't believe I'm going to sit with the cool kids, yieeee!" She squealed with excitement.

'Ah, right. The cool kids.'

I smiled at Hurishoki as she gleefully made her way over to my-- err, her new seat. My once-called friends threw glares of betrayal at me.

'If anything, I'm the victim of betrayal.'

I lay my belongings down and finally sat down with relief. I look to my left to see my indigonet friend.

I watched him slowly start to shake, so I smiled trying to calm him.

"I-I.. d-d-didn't t-think y-you'd a-actually..." His stutters grew more and more quiet nearing the last words.

"Buuut I did!" I threw him a thumbs up, along with a wink.

"I look forward to being your seatmate, Amajiki!"

"..."

"...A-And I, y-you... Y-Yumei."

____________