Chapter 2

We settled under the tree while waiting for the others.

"Ah, they're late. I'll smash their heads when they get here." Said Kurenai.

I'll be smashing you later.

WHAT?! That's disgusting. Yuck!

"Sorry we're late, Guy wanted to race but I'm tired." It's him. The guy who I can't read the mind.

"Kakashi! You're always late. Maybe if I smash your head, you'll be able to tell time." Said Kurenai.

Why don't you smash my head with your mouth?

YUCK! There it is again. Asuma's pervy thoughts.

"And who's this young lady?" Kakashi asked.

"I'm Azumi." I replied.

"Ah." He just said.

What kind of a response is that? I don't want to hear any of Asuma's pervy thoughts, so I just plugged in my earphone and listen to some music.

Not long after, Lady 5th arrived.

"Sorry for the wait. Now, I gathered you here to introduce you to Azumi. She has a special ability she inherited from her ancestors. She can hear thoughts and see the future." Said Lady 5th.

Tsk. No way she can do that.

"Yes, I can, Asuma." I said.

"What? You really can hear me?" He asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"She's the child in the legend?" Asked Kakashi.

"Yes, she is. But the legend didn't say that she can see the future." Said Lady 5th.

"How can you see the future?" Asked Kurenai.

"Well, I really don't know but I guess things just triggers it. Like for example, I look at him---" I didn't get to finish what I was saying because I had a vision.

Destruction. Fight. Fight. Destruction. Weird guy. Snake.

"Azumi, are you okay?" Asked Kurenai.

"He just triggered it. I just saw a vision. This village will face destruction. I saw Kurenai and Asuma fighting someone I don't know. I see many ninjas fighting a snake. A huge snake." I said.

"Snake? Is it purple?" Asked Lady 5th.

"It's grey. There are three of them wearing a red bandana." I replied.

"Where am I? Did you see me?" She asked.

"No. I didn't see you anywhere. I saw an old guy wearing a hat I saw in your office." I replied.

"The Hokage's hat." Asuma replied.

"Are you sure it's the future?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes, I saw Lady 5th's face in the stone faces." I replied.

"How did Kakashi trigger your vision?" Kurenai asked.

"I don't know. Oh wait, that means, there's something terrible going to happen to you." I told Kakashi.

"Who caused the destruction?" Asked Kurenai.

"A guy floating in the air with orange hair." I replied.

They all went in silence.

"Is your vision certain?" Asuma asked.

"My visions are subjective." I replied.

"Ah. What kind of inconvenience did you and the other ninjas faced earlier?" Asked Kurenai.

"Three ninjas tried to recruit me to their cult." I answered.

"Can you describe them?" Asked Lady 5th.

"There's a blue looking guy. He looks like a shark with a big ass sword wrapped in bandages. There's a gorgeous looking guy with a red piercing eyes kind of like Kurenai's but with three black dots. Then there's this masked guy who acts like a child. They told me they'll come back for me." I replied.

"Kisame Hoshigaki, Uchiha Itachi and Madara." Said Kakashi.

"Wait, if you faced Itachi, then you must be placed in a genjutsu." Said Asuma.

"He tried but it didn't work on me." I replied.

"Impossible." Said Kakashi.

"Nice try Kurenai but I told you, it doesn't work on me." I said.

"Dude, I just started." Kurenai replied.

"Impressive." Said Lady 5th.

"Obviously we cannot have you wander outside the land of fire because of the threat. We'll have to protect you here; you're going to live here now." Said Lady 5th.

"And if you'd like, we can put you on our sensory unit. Let's not waste that ability of yours." Said Lady 5th.

"What a drag." I replied. I saw their facial expressions change.

Could it be?

"What do you mean Asuma?" I asked.

"Can you not read my mind." He replied.

"Azumi-nee chan?" I heard someone called my name.

"Hey Shikamaru." Asuma greeted.

"You know her?" Asked Kurenai.

"Yes. She's my cousin." This pineapple looking guy replied.

"Excuse me? I don't even know you." I replied.

"Shikamaru, can you leave us for a moment, we're just trying to discuss something." Asuma replied then Shikamaru left.

"That's one more thing that I'm trying to say. Azumi's dad is Shikaku's brother." Lady 5th said.

"Didn't you know that?" Asked Asuma.

"No. I know I'm an illegitimate child, but I didn't know who my father was. That's why I came here hoping that I'll see him." I replied.

"Sorry Azumi, she died on a mission long ago." Asuma said.

"Oh, so I'm an orphan now." I said.

"Would you still like to be a part of the sensory unit?" Asked Lady 5th.

"Yeah sure. Why not." I replied.

"How old are you anyway?" Asked Kurenai.

"I'm 21 years old." I answered.

"Still young. Don't you want to be a shinobi?" Asked Asuma.

"Nope. Not interested. Battlefields are not for me." I replied.

"Funny cause Sirius mentioned you like to pick fights." Lady 5th stated.

"He said that? That was long ago!" I retorted.

"So, do you want to stay in your clan's compound?" Asked Kurenai.

"Nope. It will be awkward for me and for them since I'm an illegitimate child." I replied.

"By the way, how many visions can you see a day?" Asked Lady 5th.

"It depends. Sometimes all I see are useless visions like a glass breaking, a tree falling down but my highest record is 8." I replied.

"8 visions a day? That must be exhausting." Said Kurenai.

"It is, I tend to pass out after." I replied.

"I'll make some arrangements for you so you'll be comfortable here in our village. Glad to have you here and I'm looking forward to your upcoming achievements." Said Lady 5th and we all stood up.

"Also, call me Tsunade. Lady 5th sounds so strange." She added.