Chapter 8

We're on my way home now. Shika insisted on walking me home.

"Hey! Shikamaru!" Said an unfamiliar voice. We turned around and saw a guy with a big dog.

"Kiba. Since when you got back from your mission?" Asked Shika.

"Earlier this afternoon. Let's go get some barbeque with the others." Kiba said.

"Go with them, I can go home alone." I said.

"And who's this pretty lady?" Asked Kiba playfully then he winked at me.

"Stop hitting on her! She's my cousin." Said Shika after he gave Kiba a hit on his head.

"Sorry, sorry. Why don't you come with us then we'll walk you home." Said Kiba.

"Yeah, yeah. Just come with us." Shika insisted.

What can I do but to agree.

We wall walked to a store called Yakiniku Q. When we entered the store, I saw 2 familiar faces. Choji and Ino.

"Hey, Azumi chan! Good to see you again!" Greeted Ino.

We walked into the booth and settled ourselves.

"Our senseis will be late for a minute. They have a meeting." Said Ino.

"Sensei? Asuma and Kurenai?" I asked.

"Yeah! You've met them already?" Asked Ino.

"Sort of." I replied.

"Hey, don't forget my sensei! The strongest in the leaf!" Said the boy wearing a green unitard.

"Let me introduce you to my friends first." Said Kiba. There he goes again, he's trying to flirt with me.

"Kiba! I told you not to hit on her! I'll smack you again!" Said Shika.

"I'm older than you Kiba. You're 16, right? I'm 21 so stop." I said with a stern voice.

Kiba's face went pale.

21? She looks younger than us!

She's quite scary.

Serves you right, Kiba.

"Who's scared of me?" I asked.

"W-what?" They replied.

"I heard someone, they said I'm quite scary." I said.

"H-how can you hear my thoughts?" Asked a girl with long black hair and white eyes.

"That's her ability." Said Shika.

"That's Hinata, sitting beside her is her cousin, Neji alongside Lee and TenTen. Then, Ino and Choji. Kiba, Shino then me." Shikamaru said and they all smiled at me.

"Hinata, Kiba and Shino are in the same team with Kurenai sensei. Ino, me and Choji with Asuma sensei, Lee, Neji and TenTen with Guy sensei." Shika added.

"Where's the girl with pink hair?" I asked.

"Ah, you already met Sakura. She's probably training. Her teammates aren't here." Shika replied.

"But you're friends with them, right?" I asked.

"I guess you could say that." He replied.

"Yo! Sorry we're late." Said Kakashi.

Why is he here? His team aren't here?!

"Kakashi sensei! Where's Guy sensei?" Asked Lee

"Guy won't be able to make it so he sent me as his proxy." Kakashi replied. Lee's face dropped.