Forgive Forget

(Tiana's POV)

I sat in my room pondering over everything that transpired at Maya's home. I couldn't believe how Jason talked to me. Clearly he was still harboring much anger towards me for leaving him six years ago. But why, though? It was SIX Years ago. I just don't understand it.

I remained sitting in my room, for thirty minutes or so when I heard the door bell rang. Mom and dad wasn't here. Apparently the two had a new tradition going on. Every Saturday they eat out, I'm talking breakfast, lunch, and dinner. When I get downstairs the door bell rang once again, and then again. Impatient are we. I took to looking out of the window right of the door. Jason Cooke was at my doorstep. He have some nerve coming over here after the way he talked to me earlier. I quickly closed the blinds and stepped back. I hope he didn't see me.

"I see you Tiana."

Damn it. I do not want to talk to this man. Hell he already saw me, might as well. I was hesitant to open the door, at first. When I did open the door I just as quickly wanted to close it.

"Can we talk?" Jason asked.

"Just did goodbye." I attempted to close door but was unsuccessful. Jason stopped me.

"Come on Tiana I'm just trying to apologize, here" he responded with much seriousness. However I was not trying to hear it. I was highly upset. He had the nerve to talk to me the way he did and still show his face. He knew better than that after all we were former best friends and who knows you better than the person you grew up with.

"How 'bout you don't. See ya" Another failed attempt at shutting the door in his face. He pushed back the door and stood in front of me.

"Tiana!"

"Don't you have a fiancee to go home to?"

"Can you just give me a chance to-"

"Go Home Jason! "

"No." He responded, not giving up easily. He brushed pass me and walked down the hallway that led into the living room. I followed him, yelling to his back. I needed him out of here. I did not want to talk to him, hear him, see him, breathe him, nothing.

"I want you out of here Jason. Now! Why don't you just go home to your fiancee, Cooke."

Upon making it into the living room, Jason was seated on the couch. "Why don't you just disappear Jason. Get ghost."

"Look I'm sorry, Tiana" Jason said, not listening to me. "I shouldn't have spoken to you the way I did, back at Maya's"

"Yeah you got that right. Now are you done. Please exit this house."

"I'm sorry" Jason repeated, walking over to me and taking my hands. "It really is good to see you. I missed you"

"Whatever. Leave" I said unconvinced, snatching my hands away from him.

"No I'm serious. Please forgive me"

" Yeah, I rather not." I responded unmoved. No way in hell was I going to let him off that easily.

"C'mon Tiana. I'm really sorry"

"Yeah I get that. Are you finished?"

"Tiana. Please, please forgive me. I'm sorry."

"You were so out of line. Talking to me the way you did back there"

"You're right, alright. I'm sorry"

"I mean after six years Jason, really?I would have thought forgiven me for leaving by now, but clearly you're still harboring so much anger towards me, and it's not fair."

"No it's not. And I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" He said taking my hands and kissing it. I rolled my eyes as he put on those puppy dog eyes. I hated when he does that, because I forgive automatically, even when I'm highly upset with him.

"I hate those eyes"'I responded. Jason smiled warmly and asked once again can I forgive him.

" you're forgiven for now. Upset me one more time and I won't" at that moment Jason picked me up and squeezed me tightly in a hug. I laughed remembering how he always used to hug me that very same way every time we seen each other our teenage years. Only thing missing was my red lipstick, braids, and his fitted cap.

"Thank you" he smiled.

"It's whatever. Now about that fiancee..."