Mama Know

(Tiana's POV)

After Jason dropped me off at my parents home, I was met with my mommy who was in the living room tapping away on her IPad.

"Hi Mommy" I said walking into the living room and taking a seat next to her.

"Hello love" she greeted laying her IPad on the coffee table and opening her arms for me to embrace her. I embraced her in fetal position. She held me tightly and asked, "How was your day?"

"It was fun. I met Jason's Fiancee"

"How did that go?"she questioned.

"It was great. Up until she and Jason got into a little quarrel "

"A little quarrel? About what"

"Meaningless things apparently. She got upset with him because he wanted to watch some people surf, and the fact that his hair wasn't shall I say neat and polish. Just petty stuff"

"Well is JJ alright?"

"Yes. I took him surfing. We had a blast. I made him smile." I smiled.

"As you always did" Mommy Acknowledged.

"Yeah. I just hope Alison doesn't give him a hard time tonight. I swear if she hurt him-"

"Shush love. Let's not think of that right now"

"Fine, but I'll hurt her. I will..."

I waited for my mommy to say something, but nothing came out of her mouth. I looked up at her. She appeared to be in deep thought.

"Mommy...What's wrong?" I asked. She didn't answer. "Mommy, what is it?"

"Sorry sweetheart it's just..."

"Just what?"

"How are you love?" She asked turning to me.

"I'm fine mommy, why?"

"I mean about Jason. It must be hard to find out that your only love have moved on. You two were inseparable at one point and I kn-"

"Mommy" I started cutting her off, "That's all in the past. I've accepted that he moved on, you know, and I'm happy for him" I responded.

"Tiana look at me. I know you haven't"

"But I did Mommy. I have."

"No. You haven't"

"I have" I repeated once more.

My Mommy, for a second, just stared at me. Then with a nod of the head, said unconvinced, "Okay. Alright"

"Alright. Yeah... Cool" I nodded.

"Okay" Mommy finished, once again opening her arms. I once again embraced her in fetal position while she wrapped her arms around me.

"What were you doing?" I asked, "prior to me coming in the living?"

"Writing" she answered before giving me a kiss on the forehead and turning on the Television...