The Next Day

(Jason's POV)

The following day:

Alison and I hadn't spoken a word to each other that morning. We stirred our coffee in silence opposite of each other. Last night we had gotten into a argument over my coming in so late; Apparently I wasn't taking my career serious enough for me to stay out so late. I slept in the guest room.

When Alison finished stirring her coffee she slowly turned around and leaned against the kitchen counter, before sipping away at her coffee. I took my coffee over to the kitchen table and had a seat.

The tension in that kitchen was at an all time high. As I sipped my coffee, I could feel Alison burning a hole through my back. My silence infuriated her.

"You want to talk about it babe?" I asked finally breaking the ice.

In an instant Alison stormed over to the table and said, "what exactly is it you two were doing yesterday?"

"We were just hanging out Alison"

"until twelve o'clock in the morning Jason?!" She questioned.

"Yes! That was it"

"Like, did you forget you had to go to work the next day. That was So Unprofessional" she retorted angrily.

"I'm sorry I didn't know I had to be professional on and off of work" I responded sarcastically, getting up and walking over to the sink and pouring my coffee out.

"You have an image to uphold Jason" she reminded approaching me.

"I know that Alison!" I exclaimed in aggravation, "Damn it I get it!"

"Don't raise your voice at me Jason" she said, "you messed up not me. You have responsibilities Jason a reputation to uphold if you want to keep your job"

As Alison continued on with her rant I went back into our bedroom and retrieved my suitcase and grabbed Alison's bag. Back in the kitchen I handed her, her bag.

"We need to get to work" I finished before grabbing my keys off the rack and walking out the door. Alison followed behind me and got her keys.

"We'll finish this conversation later" she finished before opening the door to her car getting in and driving off. I then opened the door to my car and placed my suitcase in the passenger seat, before putting my car in drive and peeling out.

Four Hours Later:

"I think the meeting with well. What you think?" I asked Alison upon leaving the meeting.

"Could of been a lot better had you not hold them for a long time, and you were tripping over some of your words" she retorted before walking over to her car.

"Thank you for the support babe" I finished before getting to my car and unlocking it.

I couldn't believe she was still upset with me. I told her what happened. She's usually more understanding then this. I don't know what has gotten into her these last couple of days. I have to figure something out. I hate when she gets mad at me.