Fact

(Tiana's POV)

"Do you want me to-"

"No" I responded abruptly, cutting him off and attempting to close the door in his face, only to be blocked by his hands, again.

"Hey sweet heart, how was-" My mother started to asked before Jason's voice overlapped hers.

"Tiana! Come on, don't be like that. Lets talk so we could fix this"

"Is everything alr-"

"Yes!" Jason said, while I responded with,'"No!" In unison.

"Can I help in any way?" My mother asked.

"Mom Tiana seems to think.that because I'm engaged to another woman that our relationship, that our friendship will change and or come to nonexist" Jason responded.

I soon approached her and said, "Mommy tell naive Jason here, that once he's married that our relationship, our friendship will change and or will forever be over."

"That's not going to happen, Tiana"

"Mommy please."

My mother was silent for a moment. She then gestured Jason and I to have a seat. Once we seated she thought for a second, looking for the words to say. When she found them she began.

"Son" she started, "Everything my daughter said is true"

"I don't understand..."

"Sweetheart marriage is a joining of two People not three becoming one:giving up the I's and the My's for the We and the Us. That means giving up your old life to start a new one, therefore giving up your time and possibly your friend's if it threatens your marriage"

"And it doesn't and it won't Tiana" Jason said.

"Mind you Jason" Mother continued, "You and Tiana was once a couple and believe it or not son, that is the one relationship that you would have to eliminate immediately if you marriage has any hope at lasting. It is a conflict of emotions feelings and being as though you two have been best friends all your life, misplaced loyalty, commitment you two have for each other; your achilles heel and the end of your marriage. You will have to sever all ties with her if you are to commit only to your wife."

"I told you Jason" my voiced wavered as I stood up and stormed away upstairs. That was exactly what I was talking about, exactly what I'm afraid of. I just got my best friend back, and now I stand to lose him forever.

When I got to my room, I slammed the door shut and fell onto my bed scream-crying into my pillow like a five year old child with a temper tantrum.

I then hear a knock on the door that I'm not acknowledging as my cry overpowered it.

Soon I feel arm's wrap around my waist that then lifted me up When I look up I see Jason with a concerned look on his face. He suddenly pulls me in and held me tightly.

"I told you" I said between crying, muffled; face pressed against his shirt.

For a while it lasted: my tears staining his shirt. After about ten minutes or so, Jason eased away and took my face. Grabbing with both of his hands he assured, looking deeply into my eyes, that he wasn't going anywhere.

"I promise you Tiana, I'm not going anywhere not anyplace. We're not over our friendship will not end, I won't allow it. I swear it. If anything we're in it for the long haul and Alison is going to have to get on board with it."

I chuckled, "really?"

Jason wiped away my tears and gently smiled, "she has no choice"

"Damn straight" I responded. We both laughed. Jason then leaned against the headboard of my bed and pulled me in, allowing me to lay my head on his chest while he held me.

"You're very comfortable" I said as I laid there.

He kissed me on the forehead and said, "Thank you"

"How long?" I asked.

"How ever long you need" he responded.

I chuckled, "You're going to regret saying that" I smiled looking up at him.

He lifts my chin and responded with, "Never"

With that I resumed my position, laying my head on his chest and slowly drifted off.