Confrontation

Alain and I had just came from Maya's home where as usual all the ladies were, enjoying each others company, when we was rounding the corner to my Newport home arm in arm.

"They absolutely loved you"

"You think so? Alain asked looking at me.

"Absolutely! They were in awe of you"

"Good. I'm glad."

"What about you? What do you think of them?"

"They're definitely a unique group of women"

I side eyed him, smiling, "Well what are you trying to say mister Devereaux? You don't like them"

"No! I do, they're all very sweet and kind and very supportive"

"Yes, why wouldn't they be?" I questioned. I genuinely wanted to know.

"I just assume that they would be all Team Jason, you know, considering they've been there with you two when y'all were at you all's best"

I mentally rolled my eyes. God I am so sick of hearing that man's name.

"Yeah, well they're Team Whomever makes me happy and as of now that is you" I said, looking up at him with a smile.

Alain smiled back, "lucky me" he said leaning in and gently brushing his lips against mines before proceeding to kiss me. God this man.

When we eased away from each other, for a moment Alain just stared at me. I was curious; I wanted to understand what was the feelings behind that gaze.

"What is it?" I asked, holding his gaze.

"Nothing I was just..." he paused.

"Just..." I repeated, honestly wanting to hear what he has to say.

"Just taking this all in while I can"

I looked at him with confusion. "I don't understand. What do you mean by that?" I questioned.

All of a sudden Alain decided to change the subject. He cleared his throat took my hands and said, "what other surprises you have for me tonight Ms. Waters?"

For a moment I was quiet, wondering why he was evading my question. "Well I guess you're going to have to just wait and see" I said before taking the lead and walking to the house.

Immediately, as Alain and I was heading to the door, I stopped in my tracks, taken aback by the surprise that stood at the foot of it.

"Ugh. Jason!"

"I-I thought you went back to France?" He asked in shock.

"Jason what are you doing here?"

"I-"

"Better question, How did you find out where I was staying?"

"Alison"

"Figures" I responded sharply, "uh, huh, and how did you find my house?"

"I asked around. Tiana I-"

"So what you were around here sleuthing like a fucking detective now?!" I retorted

" Tiana would you please let me talk"

"I don't want you here, Jason!"'I exclaimed, inching towards him, "leave my property. Right now Jason!" I yelled.

Just then Alain came behind me, took me by my shoulders calming me instantly and muttered, "Tiana just hear him out, alright"

"Why?" I questioned.

"Because you need this." He responded, gently and lightly kissing me next to my eyes. "I'll be in the courtyard" he finished, before nodding in Jason's direction and entering the woven-steel panel gateway.

"Fine." I said, walking over to the door and punching in my pass code and gesturing him inside.

"Thank you"

"Yup" I said, following behind him.

As soon as we were in the house, Jason wasted no time, before a pulled me in, in a strong embrace.

"I thought you have left" he repeated.

"Yeah you said that already. Jason what do you want? Why are you here?"

"When I heard you were still here, I just had to come see you and make things right"

"Yeah, that's unnecessary"

"No, it is Tiana. I have to make things right. I have to make us right, again"

"Why Jason? Okay, There's nothing to make right, so please just go home"

"No"

"No?"

"No, Tiana. We have to talk, we have to fix this"

"I don't have to do anything, you messed up Jason, you! Not me. You have to fix this"

"Fine." He said, "I have to fix this, so would you let me."

"Whatever. Speak, and then leave" I responded sharply, not at all interested in what he had to say.

Jason looked up to the ceiling as if he was searching for the words. Then, "Tiana I'm sorry" his voice wavered, "I'm sorry for putting you through all this pain. I folded my arms and lookes looked away. "You waited for years for me to go after you, and I didn't." His voice broke. Just then tears started to form in the corners of his eyes.

"Yeah and I bet if I had never came here, you still wouldn't be, and I would have still be waiting, and I've been too through with waiting. Twenty-Six years, six years wasted" I responded.

Jason nodded his head and tears started trickling down his face. "Even so Tiana we still made a promise"

"Wrong!" I snapped stepping to him, "My Jason and I made a promise, not this Jason. My Jason is too far gone, You are nothing but a hard copy" I retorted like venom off the tongue.

God I hate how I was acting, but I was still very much angry at this man that I couldn't hold anything back with little regards of his feelings.

"Tiana, please. Give me some credit. Yes I know, I messed up, but I'm here now, Let me fix things now."

"I keep telling you Jason, you can't fix thing. It's over, done, finish. I've found someone, someone who've waited five years for me, someone who didn't forget about me, and loved me even when he thought he would never have a chance. I need this"

"You know, when I saw you at Maya's home that day, I was angry. I hated seeing you. You brought back those feelings of heartbreak and heartaches, that I kept buried for years. I hated what you done to me when you left and I wanted you to stay far away from me and never return. However you did return and I had to relive my heartbreak and I was angry. But then... we rekindled our friendship and I became a whole other man; I became the happiest man. I thought finally, finally... and you what I promised then. I promise myself that I would never lose again. And so, even though you're angry with me and wish I would just let you go, I'm not taking that chance of losing you again. Sorry I refuse."

"Jason, please"

"I'm sorry, but that's not happening. You said you waited six years for me. Well, you don't have to wait for me anymore. You could be with that man out there, but I'm here to tell you that I'm never going to stop, even if that means being selfish. I will jeopardize your relationship with that man out there. I will continue to fight for you and win you back, Tiana. Even if you fall In love with him and marry him, I'll ruin that too, because I am never going to stop fighting. I will chase you to the ends of the world; if it takes days, months, or even years I will get you back. I will have you in my arms again Mrs. Tiana Cooke, because you are my world and I can't live without you, not ever again"

After all was said, tears had took over for me. I was at a lost for words. Jason walked over to me and kiss me on the side of lips before walking out the door.

I cannot believe him.why won't he just let me go.