Chapter 5: The High Council

Colonel Striker then hops off the elevator once he gets to the top floor of the Von Braun, where the High Council reside: a group of nine old men and women who are centuries old due to now-forbidden nanotech immortality who govern the vessel's human population. once councilman asks Colonel Striker why he has come to seek an audience with the council. Colonel Striker then tells them "I'm here to ask you to lend me your powerful nanotechnology for project regenesis. I could use its endless array of functions to terraform the chosen planet to make it suitable for human colonization". a councilwoman interjects, telling him "absolutely not! nanotechnology is forbidden! have you forgotten the nanotech war that devastated Earth, your former home?" the Colonel then says "oh I haven't forgotten the war, given that I lived through it. but there's been a sudden change in plans". another councilman then shouts "A change in plans? project Regenesis is completely flawless! It cannot fail! how can you possibly say such a thing?" Colonel Striker interjects, telling the council "I haven't lost faith in Project regenesis but two of Professor Barlowe's Horus probes have disappeared off the face of the galaxy. when Balboa was making a routine status check on each of the teams of Horus probes, probes Leonardo Da Vinci and Isaac Newton didn't respond. I'm afraid they might have gone offline. desperate times call for desperate measures, oh great ones, which is why I need your nanotech so that I can spread it to the nearest planet, and then to the next, and so on and so forth". the first councilman then shoots down Striker's idea, telling him "absolutely not! nanotechnology is forbidden, which is why we can't allow you to destroy entire ecosystems just to rebuild our own, we refuse to let other worlds suffer the same fate as our own!" Colonel Striker then unholsters a laser pistol and points it at the led councilman, saying "fine then, I'll just have to take it by force! besides, what's a bunch of nine old geezers going to do to stop me?" the lead councilman then snaps his finger summoning a pair of armored guards who apprehend Colonel Striker. the angered Colonel then shouts "this isn't fair!  I'm just doing what's necessary for mankind's survival! your old ways will doom us all to extinction, you hear that? YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL!" as he is being taken away.