1

Eran was a strange thing. She didn't manifest physically. Instead, her entire being relied upon the intensity of other people's wishes, hopes, feelings and passion.

There was an abundance of such feelings at the bottom of the tower, and outside the tower.

Although her future was uncertain, she was very curious about the tower. That was why, when she was strong enough, she materialised and took a form of the creature she saw most often, a human.

As she spent her time with the few that were out of the tower, she was amazed and captivated by their wishes. Hence, Eran swore silently that she would do her best to make their wishes come true.

That was the reason why Eran climbed the tower with Jahad and his crew.

The higher they climbed, the harder it was for Eran to absorb the wishes and passions of the people at the bottom of the tower.

It's fine.

As they killed more and more people, Eran wondered if this was what climbing the tower was about. She wondered if this was the only was for their wishes to be fulfilled.

As her teammates got stronger, Eran only got weaker. Not so weak to become a hindrance, but she wasn't able to contribute as much anymore. Her value and importance to the team diminished.

However, the one that truly made Eran loose most of her power, was the eventual separation within Jahad's team. Jahad and 10 others wanted to stop climbing the tower. Yet, V and Arlene disagreed.

Which nearly lead to a war. Arlene and V wanted to escape, so with whatever was left of her power, Eran brought them out.

Naturally, Jahad and the rest tried to kill her, but by then Eran was so weak, she didn't really care much. As she lay on the cold hard ground, her hands started becoming semi-translucent.

It was bound to happen.

Eran sighed softly, as she gazed up at the sky which was made of shinsu.

Will I ever... Become like that, after... I disappear...?

That was how Eran, one of Jahad's teammates, disappeared.

...

After Arlene and V left, Jahad and the other 10 adults went back to camp. There, they tried to find Eran. They searched everywhere, but couldn't find her at all.

Then, in her sleeping quarters, they found a letter, dedicated to every one of them.

By the time you're reading this, I'm probably already gone, so don't bother trying to find me. And no, I didn't leave. I simply become one with shinsu again.

I am born from the emotions of the people. Back before this journey even started, each and every one of you had so much passion coursing through your veins. So much so that I could materialise and take the form that all you of will come to remember me by, as Eran.

However, as we climb up higher and higher, it became increasingly harder to maintain my strength. The last straw was when our team fell apart. I couldn't bear to see all of you carry on the burden of killing your dear friends, so I used the last of my power to send Arlene and V out of the tower.

And hence, I couldn't even maintain my form, and disappear. Don't be too sad though, I had fun venturing with you all. It would take a really really long time, perhaps thousands of years, for me to regain a form again.

But when I do, I don't want to see you all upset! Make sure to stick together, because that's what close friends are for. Have a friend gathering ever few years or something, I don't know. But make sure to have fun. I want to see your smiles when I come back!

With lot's of love,
Eran.

The group would never admit it, but after reading that heartfelt letter, all of them wanted to cry. Each of them held the letter closely towards themselves, and protected it with shinsu.

And just like that, the waiting game begun.

No matter where you are, we will wait for you no matter how long it takes. We will wait for you, just as you did for us...