4

After a lot of hugs, kisses, and gifts, the group unwillingly let their beloved Eran go.

"We'll miss youuuu~" Yurin cried.

"Make sure to visit us, or we'll come over and visit you." Eudan said.

"Yes, yes!" Eran promised. Then, light enveloped her, and she was taken into the tower.

...

The first floor was a pretty place. There were long, golden streaks of grass that enshrouded Eran. It made her feel like as though she was enveloped in Nature's embrace.

"Arms Inventory: Visible mode. " Eran said quietly. Now, there were more weapons in there. There was one sword, and one more needle, courtesy of Arie Hon and Ari Han respectively.

However, Eran still picked up her fishing rod. One can never be too careful.

"Mic test! Mic test! Hello all regulars! Welcome to Evankell's floor! Today's test is simple, just kill each other! The smaller your numbers, the better! It'll take 30 minutes. May the test begin! Hahaha!"

What a cute ranker. But Eudan would kill him if he ever found out.

The moment the announcement finished, the killing began. Screams of the regulars filled the air. The warm breeze carried the scent of blood. The shinsu cloth, that was invisible, fluttered around me, and protecting me.

Within minutes, silenced resumed the floor.

This means...!

A slash from a sword popped out of nowhere. However, the sword wasn't even able to touch her, when it started sliding off.

Thank the lord's for the shinsu cloth. Oh wait, I created that. Thank you, past me.

When the cloaked attacker realised that her attackers wasn't getting through, she immediately followed up with another slash. However, like before, it proved to be futile.

After a while of trying, she gave up.

"How about a truce?" She proposed.

Hm, that's a good choice. It would be good for me too, since it would be annoying if she kept on attacking me.

"Sure." Eran replied.

After walking about together, the other girl, whom introduced herself as Endorsi, killed all but 2 other regulars whom were also in a cloak.

"Mic test! AHHHHH!!! Why are there only the four of you?! Oh no... Oh no... I'm gonna lose my job when Evankell finds out about this..."

"Pff..." I barely held in my laugh.

My temporary teammates started looking at me strangely, so I stopped.

It does seem like what feisty Evankell would do.

...

It took a while. I'm guessing that the ranker earlier got scolded by his superior. After another 30 minutes, an announcement played again.

Ah, he must have sorted out the mess already.

"Mic test! Mic test! *Cough* *Cough* Your next test have been decided. It's a called the Crown Game. The rules will be explained in greater detail by the ranker whom is hosting the game. You will be transported there immediately."

Ah, the ranker did get scolded. Pffff.....

White light enveloped all of them, and they were transport to the location of the next game.

...

We were transported to a place, with several smaller rooms connected to a larger, central, circular room. We were in one of the small rooms. The only thing separating us from the central room, was a gate. Next to the gate, was a red button.

In the central room, there was a throne on a slightly elevated platform. On the throne, was a crown. Next to the throne, was a blonde ranker.

He looks cute and dashing...

"Now that all of you have been transported to this spot, I will explain the rules to you." The ranker said. " The crown game in short... It's a game to steal the crown. The team that holds the crown at the last moment wins the game."

The ranker causally leaned against the throne as he continued to explained the rules. "It might seem simple, but the rules are a little complicated."

He then continued to explain, but the main points were:

1) There is a time limit of 10 minutes for every round. There are a total of 5 rounds. Only 5 teams can participate in each round.

2) The team that possess the crown at the end of the game becomes the winning team and proceeds to the next round. In the next round, four new teams and the winning team will compete for the crown again. The true winning team would be the team that has the crown at the end to all five rounds.

3) If you wish to participate in the game, press the red buzzer. Participation is on a first come first serve basis.

4) However, there is a way to end the game early. That was to sit on the throne before the time is up. The round automatically ends when someone sits on the throne with the crown.

5) Movement for the person sitting on the throne will be limited as they cannot leave the throne. If they do, the entire team will be eliminated. If the crown is off the throne, the entire team will also be eliminated.

He then proceeded to say how, although the winning team assumes a great risk in the next round, if you wait for too long, you may not even get an opportunity to participate. Then he put our group in the spotlight, by saying how we're the only group from another testing site that will be participate in the game.

He wants to get rid of us early huh. That way, he wouldn't get blasted by Evankell. What a clever man, both him and the supervisor.

And with that, the game begun.

I watched the others, interestedly. It was very fun, seeing the regulars fight and try to outwit each other.

There was one time when Endorsi came forward and mouthed something to the green girl with a tail.

Princesses of Jahad? *Gasp!* Did Jahad sleep with many woman like brother Eduan?! I'll ask him later...

...

Eventually, our team participated in the last round.

I feel good today. Maybe I'll play a piece.

While walking out of the room, I was just moving my fingers. After steeping out of the gates, I told Endorsi, " I feel good today. I'll support you by playing a piece, okay?"

"What do you..." Endorsi was about to ask what I was talking about, but when she saw my clear eyes brimming with excitement and passion, she didn't ask. "Sure, I'll be counting on you."

"I'll support you too Michelle!" I said.

I opened up my right hand. Then, many eyes opened wide in shock, as shinsu started gathering to my hand, before condensing into a clump of threads, before forming my flute.

I placed my mouth on the mouthpiece, and my fingers were poised on the body of the flute, ready.

Then, I started playing.

[ I miss you - Clean Bandit, feat. Julia Michaels ]

My body bobbed and moved in sync with the music. And with that, the fight began.