13

Eran was just about to sleep, when her remote started ringing. Then, Love's voice started playing through the remote.

On the remote, there was a blue and red button. If we wanted to gain a teammate, we would have to connect their USB to the blue part of the remote and press the blue button. If we wished to eliminate them, we would place the USB to the red part of the remote and press the red button of the remote.

Well, since she can't remove the remote from the room, she can't leave the room.

So, Eran was just causally playing with a small shinsu bang, until someone knocked on her door. She opened it, and it was the Teddy man. Wordlessly, she handed her remote to him, and she was accepted as his teammate.

Bam would be upset if she didn't pass after all. He knows that too.

Then, she finally left her room. Eran was just walking about the corridor absentmindedly, when she heard a voice from one of the rooms.

"Yes dear~ The traitor Nia is safe here~" A cocky sing-sing voice could be heard. "But I'm not sure what will happen~ To this room~"

Eran guessed the party inside was in a call with another group.

"How? Your Nia opened it for me. Your lovely Nia opened it for me. Didn't you hear me? ... Hey Nia, tell him yourself."

"Mr ... Wangnan? Sorry Wangnan... I lied to you. I'm sorry." The owner of that voice started sobbing. "It's... true."

"How dense are you, you stupid customer?" The cocky man was speaking again. "The restaurant he works for is one of ours. Didn't I tell you? We know what you eat and drink."

"My loan company is in charge of many restaurants in the area. When you make a purchase, your pocket code remains. So when we get a runner, we chase his purchases and catch him. His restaurant is one of ours. We've been partners for a long time."

"It's not a coincidence that we came together that day. It was all to get you in our trap. He gave you the coupon, to track you if you tried to hid. In other words, you've been tricked by us."

Ah, so it's like this. The tower truly is a cruel place. When even your friendship was manipulated, that what relationship are you left with?

"I'm sorry Wangnan... I know I can't ask you to forgive me, but I also have someone I need to protect." The sad sad voice spoke. "When I first came to the 20th floor, I was weak and useless. I failed the test, and my teammates betrayed me. They took all of my money and weapons. I was saved by an old lady. She's the owner of the restaurant I work for now. After that, I decided to forget all about the test and I lived with her, helping her run her restaurant. I couldn't go up anymore, but I was so happy working with her."

"But... The gangs in the area kept making life harder... And she borrowed money from them... And they started to threaten her. To pay off that debt, she went to the company's owner... And we started to work together..."

"I took this test, because they promised to erase all the debt if I eliminated other regulars... I-I'm really bad right? I know I can't be forgiven..."

How naive. Does he really think his debt is going to go away, even if he succeeded? What if the company kills him, and tells the old lady that he died during the test. Now, the old lady don't even have you to help her anymore.

Eran sighed. She then decided to take out her thin sword.

" Sorry... Sorry... Sorry..." Nia kept apologising.

"Babies, all crying together. Give me the remote." The cocky man said, as he snatched the remote from the crying person called Nia. " Oh Nia, I forgot to tell you... Regarding your Granny's debt, it can't be paid off."

"!!" Nia leapt to his feet. "What... What do you mean! You said you'll pay it off after the test!"

"The thing is, I'm quitting the company. The owner's son is so stupid, so I'm planning on beating him and taking his place in going up." The shitty man said. " You betrayed your teammates, and your debt is going to stay with you."

When Nia heard that, he tried to grab back his controller, but he was overpowered by the current lackies of the bastard.

" Don't move. I was going to kill you anyway."

"AHHHHH!"

Screams of pain could be heard from the room. Finally unable to stand it, Eran cut down the door in one swing.

"Oh? Who's this-" the bastard turned around.

But before he could even register what happened, one of his fingers was permanently removed from his hand.

"ARGH!" The bastard held his hand. "What did you do to me you bi-"

Another finger was severed off his hand.

"Boss!"

Slowly, as time passed, more and more fingers were lost, until the man only have 5 fingers left. Wean had already cut off one hand of all of it's fingers.

"Should I aim for the eye next?" Eran mused. She was disgusted by his behaviour. "Maybe I can sell it..."

"No... No..." The bastard was crying.

"Hm..." Eran the turned to Nia. By then, Nia also had blood all over his body, from the numerous small stabs the bastard made on him with his bare hands.

It was the reason why she cut off his fingers on one of his hands. It was the hand he used to prolong suffering. Eran did not like torture, and couldn't stand the thought of unnecessary suffering. It was far too cruel, compared to a quiet, swift and painless death.

When living is painful, death is a salvation. When you cannot die, death becomes a blessing.

"You settle this. My pent up anger is released. Next time, if you want to do something like this, please do it more softly next time. And whoever's listening, finish up this match. Do you not feel anger for the injustice your friend faced? The flamethrower is being possessed by her teammate, and the boss son is probably about to have his remote stolen. Ifthat happens, this bastard would win. You wouldn't want that, do you?"

Then, Eran left.

I hope Bam's okay. Well, he should be fine. There shouldn't be any deaths this time, which is good.

And so, Eran went back to her room and waited for the test to finish. She thought about the events of the test today, and only felt sad. She sighed tiredly, before throwing herself of the bed and resting.