10

The Submerged Fish Test is an interesting test.

In the test, there are several parties.

There is naturally, the fishes. The goal of the game, was to ensure the Goby Queen gets the fishes. To ensure that the fishes reach the Goby Queen, the Goby dolphins would trap fishes.

Beyond the large obvious hole that all the regulars can see, there is another hole below it. At 10.00am, water would enter from the hole, and at 5.00pm water would leave the hole. Because of the shape, it's called the wine glass.

When the wine glass is full, fish would gather. Hence, the Goby dolphins would creat a net of shinsu to trap the fishes. They would then heard the fishes to the queen, which is in the centre of the wine glass.

The goal of the regulars was to protect the herders, and allow Bam, Rachel, and somehow Eran, who have become fish, to reach the queen safely.

WHAT-!! Why am I with these two lovebirds?! It's going to be so awkward...

Eran shot a glare at Hansung, but he only ignored it.

When the test begins, we will enter the wineglass through a smaller hole nest to the big hole. We will be protected by a special bubble that is designed to move according to the Goby dolphin's shinsu. Hence, when the net is laid, the bubble will move towards it.

If we use that method to get to the queen safely, we would be swallowed up and will exit from her other hole, the regulars will win. The bubble will also be strong enough to protect us from the Queen's digestive juices.

Besides the Goby dolphins, there is also the Thief. Their real names are the Barnacle Goblin. The goblin would steal the fishes by using a wetworm. The mouth of the wetworm will dig through the earth, and suck up the fishes. The goblins would get the fishes by cutting open the wetworm's belly. If Eran, bam and Rachel get swallowed up by the wetworm, the regulars would lose.

There is also the dog. Their real names are the stripped earthpigs. They kill the Goby dolphins, so they are not on good terms with the thieves.

Lastly, there is the bull. It is a gluttonous tyrant that is at the top of the food chain. It eats everything, including humans. If we were to meet it, things could get dangerous.

...

Sitting in the bubble is fun, if I didn't have to endure Bam and Rachel's interactions. Me and bam were behind Rachel's bed.

This is so awkward. I-

As such, Eran distracted herself by talking with the shadow residents.

"My name is Cherry, because cherries are delicious!" A child's squeaking could be heard.

"No wonder you're that short." El replied.

"You're not that much taller!!" Cherry complained.

The two children squabbled with each other, which did wonders to Eran's mental health.

Cherry's weapon of choice was a big hammer. When Eran was fighting with her, Eran had to work extra hard to dodge her attacks, because they were heavy and Eran would definitely fly if she was hit. Not only that, the force caused by her hammer was very intense. Eran also had to fight against the air movement as she moved, which threw her off course often.

Essentially, Cherry was a very irritating enemy for scouts, fishermen, and all sorts of close-combat users.

Well, being inside the bubble is actually very peaceful. There wasn't much Eran could do anyway, so Eran opted to relax herself.

...

After a while, the bull came.

"Please help us, Eran!" Bam asked.

"No."  Eran replied, and made no move to move. "Let us all die together."

I finally understood why Hansung placed me here.

Then, Bam got more focused as he tried to ward off the bull to protect Rachel. He concentrated a bang and shot it straight at the bull's mouth, and injured his hands in the process.

"Rachel... Wherever you want to go... I'll take you..." Bam reached out to Rachel. He resembled the  light in that moment.

"Bam..." Rachel started speaking.

Eran knew where this was going.

Rachel reached out to him, and was about to hold his bloodied hand. Then, she pushed him off the ledge.

... Betrayal happened again.

Eran tiredly shut her eyes, as she stood up. She could feel the bitter feelings from bam, and the coldness from Rachel.

Rachel didn't regret pushing bam off.

"Do not touch me with your dirty hands." Eran spoke coldly. Disgust was evident on her face. Then, she jumped off as well.

As Eran looked up at the bubble, which only got further and further away, she thought to herself.

Ah, how pretty.

Pillars of earth appeared to reach out to the bubble. The light that shone down upon it, only made the the site of betrayal feel holy and dirty. The fishes swam, their scales shimmering with the light, ignorant of what had just transpired. Seeing that, made Eran feel weak and small again. As Eran sunk deeper, that brightness gradually faded away, just like her hope for a better future.

I'm tired again.

...

Eran merely stated off into blank space, as Hwa Ryun stood in front of her.

"Hello pretty red lady." Eran greeted, before continuing to stare off into space.

"You're not planning on staying there forever, are you?" She asked.

"Maybe I am." Eran's answer was snarky. It was obvious she was irritated. "I won't become a weapon for fug, so stop dreaming, Ryun."

"... I know that." Hwa Ryun said. "The elders have spoken. They said to just let you do whatever you want. But it's not like you can just go with the others, no?"

"That's true." Eran agreed.

"That's why, this is my own proposal. Stay with Bam, with us." Hwa Ryun suggested.

"... Sure." Eran asked. "There isn't much I can do anyway."

Perhaps, none of this would have happened if she didn't send Arlene and V out of the tower.

I'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorry- Eran wanted to cry, and apologize to Bam. The feeling she got when she learnt who Bam was the first time, came back in full force.

Guilt is scary. It tore her apart inside slowly.

Eran smiled at Hwa Ryun. Then, she stood up. Eran held onto Hwa Ryun's hand.

Perhaps, Hwa Ryun sensed her inner turmoil, and didn't say anything.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go." Eran whispered, quietly.

(Season 1 end.)