II: Refuge of Apathy

I ask for no forgiveness... The sin is yours to bear.

So it was all my fault?

Is that my baby brother speaking? or a darkness that expects mercy from the light?

I'm your brother?

Monster! A keyblade wielder  falling to the darkness?!

I... used the darkness? Why was it dangerous? Ahh... I'm so sleepy...

Fighting against the darkness. That's our mission as keyblade wielders baby brother...

Keyblade... wielder?

Drifting about the timeless abyss... How many years has it been? A few seconds? A few hours? A few hundred years?

I lay there, motionless as my eyes see nothing but an endless plain of nothingness. I felt nothing as well.

No wind, no heat, nor there was the presence of anything. Even my heartbeat was silent.

Am I... dead?

My death... Was I dead? Why was I here? Who... Who was I again?

ki... Aki...

All I know is that was a bit of my name. But what else? It was lost in the void.

The void... Why was I here again? It felt like centuries... My eyes still see an ocean of nothingness. And I feel like I was falling from the sky, but sheer amount of nothingness was making me mad.

Then it appeared, a brief flash of light. Something sparkled from the rift, a realm that was supposed to be devoid of those things. Then the light began to grow, bigger and bigger, until it swallowed me whole.

In my agony, I closed my eyes. Then I felt something.

It was fuzzy, and earthy... The scent of grass, the feeling of a forest breeze, the smell of pinecones...

I sat upright and my eyes fell briefly on the setting sun in the distance.

Where... am I? Why am I here?

I tried to stand, but I realized I couldn't. It felt like an eternity since I could my limbs. But I looked around the area I was in, broken pillars, an unmaintained garden, and iron gates forced open. A mansion stood eerily.

I crawled to the nearest pillar and used it as a support. Bit by bit, my muscle memory began to click again, in a few hours or so, I could finally walk again.

I looked at the setting sun again, it was stationary, and it was sickening.

Whenever I look at the light of it, it made me sick... Angry, bitter, hateful of it. Then they appeared, mini blobs of darkness, with golden eyes and weird antennas. They were crawling at me at full speed.

Then images began to flash on my head. Memories...

I ask for no forgiveness... The sin is yours to bear.

What did I do? What sin?

Is that my baby brother speaking? Or ----------- ----- -- -----

Stop...

Monster! A key----- ------- use the Darkness!

"I SAID STOP!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs and a blast of shadows erupted from my body, the shadows evaporated and tiny wisps of hearts began to float away. I crumpled to the floor, the memories were breaking me. Hot tears streak down my face, I had a brother, but he pointed a weapon at me. It looked like a massive key.

Why did he cast me out? And if he did... Why was I drifting in the rift? Did I do something wrong?

The emotions inside me... Why was I sad? I don't understand... I looked at the sky once again. The afternoon sky gave me much plight and unreasonable amount of apathy. I heard  rustling from behind, and out of nowhere a Neoshadow pounced right towards me, I ducked at the last second, and, my right arm just moved on its own, summoned a Key like weapon. With no time to ponder what I was going to do, I did a rising slash just as it pounced again. A single heart floated towards the sky again.

But I didn't cheered, nor did I wanted to... I just... Didn't care at that point.

The sin is yours to bear...

I winced at the memory, but as I kept hearing it... My broken heart just said something in reply.

Like I care...