VIII: Deus Solis

Why on earth did I react that way?

No doubt Alexa would've reported that to her fellow keyblade wielders. But no sense in feeling scared. I doubt they were going after me since I was just some kid who can use the keyblade. Little did I know, that I really was a target.

Summer vacation was rolling in, which means I get more opportunities to rack in more munny. Everyone from my class was already in different worlds, probably spending time with their families as we speak.

Family... All I remember was Haru trying to cast me away to the rift.

Twilight Town has a few people now, and that never changed ever since. The bistro was going strong, and the trains are still going too. So why do I feel so uneasy?

"Akihito, there's a mail that needs to be delivered."

"Sure thing boss."

Weird, the mail only had a sun insignia, but as a courier, it wasn't my place to say anything. The address was... The Old Mansion? Looks like someone finally moved in.

The Mansion felt... Off, like it was really, really, really bright. 

"So. You did escape your cage." a voice said and I was nearly singed when a fireball comes sailing towards me.

It was hard to look up the Mansion because of how bright it was. Now I really wish I brought shades.

"Who're you?!"

"Ouch Akihito... You forgot me?" Another fireball sailed past me, but it singed my bag and now I'm pissed. I just bought that.

"Ok wise guy, you just cremated my bag! I just got that last week!!"

"Oh put a sock in it Traitor."

Another fireball was coming for me but I just grabbed and crushed it with my bare hands.

"This isn't funny. Show yourself!"

A pillar of sunlight burned the grass patch, and appearing before the curtain of light, a keyblade slashed in my direction, engulfing the exit in a blazing screen.

"Well now, this is a fun surprise. The fallen Keyblade Wielder of Master Balmung is still alive after all."

"What are you going on about?" I snapped.

"Oh was I mistaken? You're Akihito Maxwell right? Haru's  Baby brother?"

"Yeah... No, I don't know anyone named Haru."

"Feigning ignorance won't get you anywhere Akihito."

"Ok creepy stalker, how on earth do you know my name?"

"You REALLY don't remember me. Too bad for you, I was assigned for your immediate termination."

Termination... Wait what?!

"In the name of the Sun, I, Master  Taiyo, will exterminate anything that reveres the darkness."

"You just had to monologue huh?" I sassed , but as soon as he stopped talking, his keyblade morphed into a bow made out of solar energy, arrows of radiant heat sailed from it, one caught my leg and a binding chain latched unto it.

"What the-"

"My arrows can seal off movement of anything that has darkness in them. And since the chains appeared, it seems what I've been saying was correct."

My leg was flaring with pain, the sun chain was digging deep on my leg, and everytime I try to yank it, it tightens.

"Don't bother, that chain will snuff you out. You know, darkness is like a blank canvas. So empty, so... Unwanted."