Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Eli and Jamie

Jamie's POV:

The car ride seemed like it would never end. But after the 2nd or 3rd CD, I dozed off. When I woke up, I was in bed. Not my bed though. I slowly sat up to see a small baby blue bedroom with white furniture. Hung on the walls were pictures of me and my dad. To my left was big book case and a chair. I heard a moan next to me. Slowly, I turned to find Eli sleeping soundly on my bed. He must have been so exhausted that he couldn't even get himself under the covers. I smiled at the thought of him caring enough to put me to bed. I always had a girly crush on Eli. But he would never like me back. I sighed and brushed the few hairs from his eyes. Then, with one last glance at my best friend, I got up. I made my down a long corridor with many doors. Then I came to a set of stairs. It spiraled down in thin short steps. Cautiously, I made my way down the steps. Finally at the bottom, I appeared to be in a living room. Nice really white couches, a really big flat screen TV, and a big glass coffee table were there. I walked to a doorway leading to the kitchen. There were marble counter tops, a big fridge with a water dispenser, and black cabinets lined the walls above the counter. There was a dishwasher, and a sink built into a small island in the middle of the kitchen. The counter on top of it matched the others around it. It was a nice kitchen. I felt the cold tile floor beneath me, and a chill ran up my spine. Suddenly, I heard footsteps running in the room. I turned around to Eli's worried expression. "Is everything alright? You didn't wake me up." "Yea, I'm fine." I spoke softly in the silence. I walked over to Eli and stood on my tip toes, then wrapped my arms around the back of his neck in attempt to hug him. "Thank you, Eli." He'd realized what I was doing and shrank down a bit before wrapping his arms around my waist. "It's fine, Jamie. You would have done the same for me." He hugged me tighter and lifted me off the ground a bit. He turned around at this point carrying me. Then walked in the living room and lied me down on the couch.

Eli's POV:

I plopped down next to her and let her rest her head on my shoulder. "Alright, now what do you want to eat?" She looked down as if pondering the idea. "Pancakes!" She squealed and looked up at me. I smiled, "Alright". I got up slowly and turned to see her laying down. "I guess I'm making them myself." She looked up smiled and nodded. I let out a sigh and smiled, she giggled. I walked in the kitchen and got cooking. When I came back out, she was dozing off on the couch. "Breakfast is ready." I said softly in a sing song voice. Jamie smiled and nodded. I walked over to the couch picked her up bridal style, and walked her into the dining room table by the kitchen. I sat her down on a chair and pushed her in. Then I sat down across from her. I grabbed like 4 big pancakes and piled them on my plate.

Jamie's POV:

He pushed in my chair,and sat across from me. Then he took 4 pancakes and stacked them on his plate. I couldn't help but giggle. "What, growing boys gotta eat?" I smirked. "Yea, I guess I'm pretty hungry too. We had a big breakfast and shared a few laughs. "So, what do you wanna do today?" He leaned forward and smiled. "Well, we could go for a walk or something." He smiled. "Go put on something comfortable and a pair of sneakers." I smiled and made my way up stairs. When I got into the bedroom, I noticed a white door on each side of my bed. I hadn't noticed these doors before. I opened the one on the right, a personal bathroom with a shower and bath tub. I walked out and around the bed. In the door on the left, a giant walk-in closet, that just happened to contain my wardrobe and more clothes in my size and style. "So, do you like the closet?" I turned around to see a smirking Eli. "So this is why you were acting so weird!" "Weird?" "O come on, you know I can tell when your hiding something." I smiled and glanced again at the enormous wardrobe. Suddenly, a thought occurred, and my smile turned into a frown.