Chapter 21

Chapter 21: glow

Jamie's POV:

Hunter and Derek just left. I looked back at the book on my bed, Hunter said to hold off on it. I probably should for now. Something about the book was almost attractive. Suddenly I felt something soothing on my hand. That stuff started to appear again. A dark purple pattern under my skin. It ran up my hand. I ran to the door and started pounding on it. What was going on. I screamed for help.

Hunter's POV:

Suddenly there was pounding on Jamie's door. "Jamie, you alright?" I asked through the door. "Hunter what's going on?!? I need help! What's going on!?!" "Hold on Jamie I'm coming in!" I started fidgeting with the key. I finally got the door unlocked and bursted in the room. "Jamie what's wrong?!?" Jamie was curled up in the corner of the room sobbing and trembling. I ran to her and wrapped her in my arms. "Please Jamie, tell me what's wrong. " "Hunter what's happening? I don't understand!"

Jamie's POV:

I started shaking harder before I held my hand out to Hunter. I heard him gasp. The purple pattern went all the way up to my elbow. The purple pattern once under my skin now looked more like a dark tattoo. No matter how hard I scrubbed, it wouldn't come off. "Hunter what is this!?!" He just stared at my arm. Almost stunned. I started to calm down a little. "Hunter, please say something. Anything." "Jamie, you should rest. Everything's going to be alright. I'll have someone check this out. Just don't freak out. Rest." It seemed he had to pull his eyes away. He picked me up and carried me over to the bed. He placed me on the bed and picked up the book. He looked at it a moment, then looked at me. "Let's hold off on this. Everything will be alright." I couldn't stop the tears falling from my eyes. I reached for Hunter's hand. He didn't hesitate a second, he took my hand and kneeled beside my bed. "Hunter, can you please stay with me? I don't want to be alone. I'm scared." "Of course. I won't leave you. I promise you'll be alright. Ok?" "Ok." I sounded pathetic. It was clear how very vulnerable I was. I pulled down on Hunter's arm. He got the message and crawled in the bed with me. He wrapped his long pale arms around me and I silently cried into his chest. What was happening to me? Clearly Hunter doesn't know either. I cried myself to sleep listening to Hunter coo words of comfort in my ear. I have grown to like Hunter a bit. I wouldn't tell him, but he seems fairly nice under the circumstances. When I woke, Hunter was humming in my ear. I enjoyed hearing him, so I pretended to sleep. I listened awhile longer until Hunter suddenly stopped. I waited for him to continue, but he didn't. "Hunter, why'd you stop?" "Oh! Jamie your awake." "Yea. You okay?" "Jamie, I need," " Yes?" "I need blood. "