Chapter 10

Chapter 10: nightmare begins

Jamie's POV:

My eyes opened slightly,then remembering what had happened, I started trying to sit up. My eyes widened to discover that my arms were bound, and I was being carried through the woods. I started to squirm, but whoever was holding me was extremely strong. I had duct tape over my mouth. My cries for help being muffled into what felt like small noises. Where was I? The woods by the new house? Or at the old house, maybe I dreamed that whole thing? I turned to look at a boy around my age,tall,extremely pale, icy blue eyes, and hair blacker than mine. He looked familiar, but how? I continued to squirm and attempt to scream. Somebody had to hear me.

Later on.

It felt like hours he walked with me. My voice had finally gave out and so had my body. My mind was racing. What did he want? Would I survive this? Would I ever go home to tell the tale? After awhile, I started to give up. My body went limp, and I started to fall asleep in my kidnappers arms. I couldn't escape, no matter how hard I tried. Maybe when he stops. He has to eventually stop. He has to. That's when I'll make a run for it.

* I was running. Really fast through the woods. Night had fallen and a full moon was overhead. I felt the wind in my hair and the earth beneath my feet. I was barefoot, running with someone just behind me. I couldn't tell what it was. Maybe another person, maybe an animal. I was happy, smiling, like a child at a fair. Suddenly, whatever was behind me stopped and got left behind. My happiness turned to fear and worry. I stopped and turned to see them. But the whole forest had disappeared. All of it, I turned to run again but everything was gone. I was alone in complete darkness,with a throbbing pain in the back of my skull. Suddenly a wolf appeared. Then everything started to fade.*

I woke up on the ground. Still in the woods. That boy leaning against a tree asleep. Now is my chance I thought. I started getting up. The boys eyes suddenly opened. "Where do you think your going?" I looked deep into his blue eyes and suddenly couldn't think straight. "No where." I sat down. "Hm. Alright then, now that we have a better understanding of one another, I'm Hunter." He held out his right hand, I shook it. "Right, I'm Ja.." "Jamie. I know." He looked down. "How do you know who I am." "It's a long story. But let's start by explaining who I am. I am Hunter, you will refer to me as master. I suggest you cooperate if you want to live." He stared at me seriously and he continued. "I am a vampire. You are my blood slave. Do you understand that term?" "Like, someone you drink from?" I swallowed hard. "Yes, very good." He mumbled. He looked at the ground. A vampire, I was sitting next to a freakin vampire! I guess I always had a feeling stuff like that was real. I turned to him. "What are you going to do to me." "Jamie calm down. You will live happy years at my home. I will keep you healthy of course and live off your blood for as long as possible." "Your gonna kill me!?!" "No, that's not what I said. Jamie, it's like a small blood donation. You just do it more often. It will only hurt a little in the beginning. Then you'll feel relief. You will have your own room at my house full of your own clothes. You can explore the house and spend time anywhere but... NEVER, go through the south hallway of the third floor, and NEVER go into the basement. The basement is a place of consequences. Which reminds me. You will not be alone, you will share the house with me and other slaves of mine. These slaves though simply do house work." The sun was going down. I must have slept through most of the day. "Jamie it's getting late. We should keep traveling." He once again picked me up. For the first time I had noticed the tape no longer on my mouth. I leaned into Hunter a little less. Kidnapper was already scary, now I'm a blood slave to a vampire. Isn't my life grand. "Alright. I'll carry you at vampire speed for a while but were going to get into a car soon." "Vampire speed!?!"I just got out before he started speeding off through the woods. I immediately pressed my body into Hunter and dug my face in his chest, more afraid of our speed than of his deadly bite. He continued running for awhile. Not having anything else to do, I fell into a deep sleep.